Cutting out on first start up!?!?

Yeah, now imagine all that gunk being sucked into your precision engine internals.... can't beat a breather bypass. You've seen what it does to the throttle body. Best way to get rid of custard is to get the engine nice'n'hot. It melts away into the oil which you can change along with the filter.

Well touch wood this morning back to being fine again. Struck straight up no cutting out or rubbish idle.

Don't know if it was from the crankcase breather being blocked or the accumulation of things, but will see how she goes.

It's nice not worrying if your car is going to cut out on you at any point whilst driving.

18 minutes ago, LupoJay101 said:

Well touch wood this morning back to being fine again. Struck straight up no cutting out or rubbish idle.

Don't know if it was from the crankcase breather being blocked or the accumulation of things, but will see how she goes.

It's nice not worrying if your car is going to cut out on you at any point whilst driving.

I like that too.

14 hours ago, LupoJay101 said:

Another update I noticed out the corner of my eye that the crankcase breather pipe had a bit of white mucus inside

I don't really have much to add value to this thread, but you've put me at ease slightly anyway. My breather/ oil seperator had a very small amount of white "mucus" in when I replaced it last week, and it caused me more concern than was necessary really. 

As Mk2 said, some pipe and either into a bottle or down under the car will sort the job out!

Just as an aside on the same topic. @Rich will have seen it too for sure.... 

Modern FSI engines have a serious design flaw, because they inject petrol directly into the cylinder, like a diesel. Problem is that because of mad emissions controls, the sump gases are actually connected directly into the inlet plenum, after the throttle valve. So the sump runs under vacuum a lot of the time. So all the gases/fumes/particles get sucked straight back into each inlet valve, where there's no fuel wash to keep things clean. After lots of town driving, the backs of the inlet valves get so coked up with this stuff, the valves can't close properly. Misfires, low compression. Game over. AND this happens in many cars that haven't even done 50k miles....