Daughters first Car and addition to the VW Collection!!

deltabox

Hi All,

just found my daughter her first car! Unfortunately our drive only accepts VAG group cars so a Lupo was a must!!

I travelled up to West Yorkshire from Birmingham and it drove back sweet but long enough for me to pick up a few problems to sort!

Dashboard, aerial, gear lever gaiter, rear suspension but I got a the right price and like tinkering so looking forward to it!

IMG_7342.JPG

15 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Hey hey! Welcome to Club Lupo!

may i ask how much you paid, how many miles? Just curious what the market is doing....

have you checked the buyers guide wiki thing on here?

Yeah, looked at a couple around the £600 mark. This wasn’t the tidiest but only 67k and lots of history and younger than others. To be fair guy selling could have tidied it up and got more money..

as with the pics I looked at and mine in post it looks cleaner than is. I did check buyers guide and all looks okish?  I think I need to do cam belt as doesn’t appear recently done. Needs a real god clean and a few scrapes need touching up..

heater 1&2 doesn’t work but if memory serves it’s a resister problem ( maybe same as T5) crack on wing mirror cover just glued back together and needs a tyre but looking at split rims ;)

Yeah, the fan resistor is the culprit. Ebay, brand new from china for £12... replaced one last week. Perfect fit. Works well too. Pull (slide) out the motor while you're at it and give it a service. :)

sounds like reasonable lupos have flat lined around 750 the last couple of years then. Gtis and SDIs still get more. Just thought- you haven't mentioned which model it is.

keep us up to date with your findings. Everyone loves a good restoration job. 

Check the gearbox oil level. Essential. If anything flush it with diesel, then drain while the wheels are spinning off the ground, to get every last bit of yellow metal out.