Gti Brake Caliper Refurb - Decals?

I'm about to have the calipers on my 2005 MY Gti repainted.  I haven't been able to find a contemporary photo of a Gti when new clearly showing whether or not these originally featured any kind of decal.  This supplier - http://www.brakecaliperdecals.co.uk/VW-Decals/VW-GTI-Brake-Caliper-Decals - offers a 'GTI' version, but I wouldn't apply if they don't reflect original spec.  Any guidance please?

3 hours ago, Grumpy said:

What colour red are you opting for. I tried to find out from VW and other sources what the correct colour is, however, whilst nobody could be 100% certain the general consensus was Brembo red.

Yes, I'd like to know too, but from a pragmatic point of view I think Reedo is probably right.  I had a similar wish to know the correct colour for the Bathursts - some say Avus Silver, but I was not able to confirm.

My excuse is I'm pedantic, retired, have time on my hands, and used to work for car manufacturers, so have a natural affinity for factory-spec: what's yours? (!)

1 hour ago, davy26 said:

Yes, I'd like to know too, but from a pragmatic point of view I think Reedo is probably right.  I had a similar wish to know the correct colour for the Bathursts - some say Avus Silver, but I was not able to confirm.

My excuse is I'm pedantic, retired, have time on my hands, and used to work for car manufacturers, so have a natural affinity for factory-spec: what's yours? (!)

I guess I like to keep my GTI OEM. Won't do any harm when I come to part with it😀

• Like 1