engine change

anders

HI i own an arosa with automatic transmission and a totally chrashed Engine. l can buy an Engine from an accidented arosa so my question is: will an Engine from a manual arosa fit  and will it be possible to Exchange the manuals flywheel for the turbine of the automatic? Also i had to tow my arosa for some 6 miles without beeing able to raise the front Wheels so how far is it possible to tow an  automatic arosa  ( in neutral of course ) without damaging the automatic gearbox?  I am living in Sweden where autmatic arosas are rare indeed so all information will be very much appreciated.

Thanks Anders

Yes you can.  But i hope the auto transmission is ok. Without the engine running, the oil does not flow inside the unit. If you towed very slowly (<30kmh) it is probably ok. If fast, then it is possible you burned some clutches.

Thank you for your  prompt reply. Swedish laws concerning towing are rather strict so 30 km/h was never surpassed and when i come to Think of it it was rather like 5 miles of towing involved so i am hoping for the best and will start negotiating a purchase of an Engine i have spotted in the vicinity. My present means of Communication is very unlike the motorised overcoat my arosa feels like when one drives it so i will try to change into it asap!