Door Mirror Manual Control Malfunction

Stargate Sentinel

Both door mirror remote control knobs on my Lupo 1.0 (2000) don't operate the mirrors.

Can this malfunction be repaired or are replacement mirrors required? Also, is it possible to retro fit electric mirrors to this car, are there any kits available out there?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I've always found that the knobs aren't really that great. Can't beat just pushing the glass to required position. Realistically how often does the mirror need to be moved anyway is the way I look at it. 

Retrofitting is always possible. 

• Thanks 1

I bought the Lupo for my 17 year old son who is learning to drive.This is his first car and was his preferred choice.

The mirror glasses wont stay put when pushed into place, this can be unnerving and tiresome when someone is learning to drive

Is it possible that something has come adrift inside the mirror housing and that this problem can be easily repaired?  

It's a real chore having to continually adjust the mirrors, especially when the car has to be reversed between two substantial brick pillars and into a narrow driveway!

My preference would be to have electric mirrors retro-fitted. Has any member actually done this, if so, are there any kits available on the market?