Manual windows door winder hole size

Scrooge

I'm new on here so apologies if this has been asked before, what diameter hole is left in the door when the manual winder mechanism has been removed?

I'm going to retro fit electric windows into my SE so need to source some plugs to fill the hole left in either door  when doing the job. Can't make a start until I know the hole size.

Cheers!

About 20mm at a guess. But what are you going to use? A rubber bung woukd be pants. Bit of gaffer tape? Or make a feature of it and bung some tweeters in there. Or adjustable led reading spot lamps?

oh, and welcome to little club lupo world! :)

Hey, just had a mad thought- you can get spring loaded double pole double throw with centre off panel mounting rocker switches (some even mount in a round hole). You could use those to make a manual electric window controller thing...

Edited by mk2

Thanks for the info! :)

I was going to get the correct size plastic bung and either leave it black, get them soft touch coated to match the handles and door pulls, or get them painted body colour. I’ve not decided yet.

There is a 3L on eBay that’s had electric windows retro fitted and I don’t think it looks too bad with the bungs in place. 

I’ve already got some GTI door cards with switch cut outs to go into the car so no need to accommodate switches anywhere else.