Lupo 1.7 SDi spares or repair

johntc

Make: VW

Model:Lupo 1.7 SDi

MOT:MOT 04/03/18

TAX: N/A

Engine size: 1.7

Fuel type: Diesel

Description including modifications:Both front shock absorbers and coil springs replaced to get it through MOT, also new battery recently fitted. Pedal box replaced last year.
Vehicle was damaged at front when skidded in snow/ice in late March. Front end (bumper/lights etc) replaced from another Lupo purchased for this purpose (see my other Ad). Back axle subsequently failed. 
FSH and cambelt changed 2017. Engine starts and runs fine.

Price:£200

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

Edited by johntc
price reduction

14 hours ago, mk2 said:

Can you take a pic underneath of the bit of the rear beam that has broken... i could bring my welder with me and fix it good enough on the spot to drive it home... :)

You're trying to buy the wrong one, buy both.

I have to agree with Rich actually, coming to think about it. Rebuild the S. Scrap the Blue.  nice colour too on the S spec model. Both cars broken in bits are worth probably about 2k. A good nick SDI with £30 tax is worth about £1500.... 

@Sausage you have too many!? I'm up to seven now....

regarding welding it; looks like it's gone right where the hub carrier attaches to the beam, which would need a bit more care to get right (or the wheels won't run parrallel!). I was hoping that it went where the long weld is which is a lot easier to fix. Hmm.

know anyone with a car transporter heading London bound from you? I'll give you what you're asking and i'll have both please.

I am new to Clublupo but if I understand correctly you are saying you will buy both: Blue Lupo for £220 AND Green (Cambridge edition) for £195 = Total of £415

I have to say I think their worth it!  The blue one was my mother-in-laws for years then my wifes then my daughters until the rear axle failed.  We purchased the green one locally to give us front end parts (yes I know they were the wrong colour!) to get the blue one back on the road, which unfortuneately lasted just a few weeks.

Potentially I do have someone coming to look at the blue one tonight (awaiting confirmation).

How will you pay me ?  Bank transfer would be good then I can reserve them for you until you can collect.

Transports tricky I know - you probably have a better idea than me!  When I collected the Cambridge edition Lupo the garage that had the blue one in for repairs used a trailer to bring it back (local pickup @ 15mls).  Know anyone with a trailer?

If someone comes to view over weekend and can arrange transport I'll have to let it go (that is the payment issue).

• 2 weeks later...