Drive Shafts Lupo GTi.

colin l

Hi all.

My left /right drive shafts are getting very rusty. I would like to change them but are very hard to source.

I'm a bit confused as when looking the same vag number comes up for the Lupo GTi and the Polo 6n GTi.

Are these the same and fit each other ? Any advice much appreciated.

Colin.

Is it 5 or 6 speed?

If it's the 6 speed, then you'll need the Lupo GTi specific shafts, if it's the 5 speed then I THINK the Polo GTi ones will work.

I bought some off ebay recently from a guy breaking a 6 speed to keep in the garage in case I ever need them, then I don't have the stress of trying to source some.

There are also some new ones listed on eBay, but check carefully as a lot of the part numbers listed with these aren't for the 6 speed versions.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, oVerboost said:

Is it 5 or 6 speed?

If it's the 6 speed, then you'll need the Lupo GTi specific shafts, if it's the 5 speed then I THINK the Polo GTi ones will work.

I bought some off ebay recently from a guy breaking a 6 speed to keep in the garage in case I ever need them, then I don't have the stress of trying to source some.

There are also some new ones listed on eBay, but check carefully as a lot of the part numbers listed with these aren't for the 6 speed versions.

Hi .. I this true, as I have a chance to buy a set of drive shafts , but the seller bought them a number of years ago and doesn't know if there 6 or 5 speed.

Is there any way to tell the difference visually. ?