Door Latch Bolts?

Does anyone know what type/size of bolt heads are in the bolts that hold the door latch into the door on  Lupo they look a bit like torx bits bit have more ridges than the 6 on a torx bit

Thanks!, jim

6 hours ago, LR5V said:

Dont know the size, but know the type, they go by a few names:

Spline drive

12 point

Double hex

I got these recently off ebay - they are needed in a few places such as gearbox, drive shafts

I have the same set, the captivating sockets are **** but a deep 8mm seems to work nicely for my 8mm one which cracked off. Case is **** too.

buy the Bergen (chinese made) triple square set and thank me later when you're not snapping things all over and removing driveshaft bolts with vice grips.

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

I have the same set, the captivating sockets are **** but a deep 8mm seems to work nicely for my 8mm one which cracked off. Case is **** too.

buy the Bergen (chinese made) triple square set and thank me later when you're not snapping things all over and removing driveshaft bolts with vice grips.

Yeah, I have a few bits of Bergen stuff, I would say it punches above its weight for the price.

What you need to know Rich, delivered with the USA pro set -that BTW I've had no bother so far with - came a flier that was introducing USA Pro as the re-branded Bergen!

I have a cheap set of splines years ago, they were not even heat treated, gave up using them after 2 sheared off in the head of the bolt -think they are now land fill. 

i know the usa pro is Bergen crap and that it is all crap but crap tools are okay if you're not using them everyday, main tools are all better and my long 3/8 ratchet is a snap on however that snapped a few weeks ago. :(

Thanks for your replies fellas, it's much appreciated

I've got some off ebay, I'm gonna go back to the scrappy on saturday as I'm stripping out the pain in the arse central locking and going manual windows, none of the Valeo stuff works!