Seat Arosa 1.0 gear box selector seal??

Nayy

Just need a little help on the selector seal if sombody can give me advice that would be great.. so basicly you guessed it ? the out side of my gear box looks terrible with all that oil over it ? i am going to replace the selector seal on friday and i have been researching stuff about it and i have only come across 1 video on how to do it and it was on a polo 6n witch do they have the same gear box as an 1l arosa? Because it looks easy to do if it does? What about getting the old seal out? Some people are saying it was a night mare and others it was easy? I am new to this and im not a mechanic i work in a body shop so ya know ? would be a great help if you boys leave us some advice and tips ???? 

Nayy??

Edited by Nayy

wind a self tapper in and pull out with mini molegrips.

don't score any of the surfaces and tilt the car so it is as dry as possible when you fit the new one.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

wind a self tapper in and pull out with mini molegrips.

don't score any of the surfaces and tilt the car so it is as dry as possible when you fit the new one.

Sweet so im guessing its the same process as a 6n?? 

you can make an improvised tool with two pieces of tape measure.... slide it in the gap, hook and pull out. you have to create a barb that hooks over.

Cheers guys you lot give good info ?? im going to do it with 2 picks and just be carfully.. hopefully it just slides out ✌? easy to do on a arosa tho or not?? 

All done and dusted lads, wow you wasnt taking the piss how hard it was to get out ? all perfect and she is changing well ✌? thanks for all the advice boys ??

• Like 1