1L Lupo overheating issues

opuL RXJ

I have a 2000 reg Lupo. Recently been overheating on me, changed the coolant sensor last week and everything ran smooth after that for around 2/3 hours then it’s started overheating again. Now today have just flushed the coolant and re-filled it and it’s still overheating after about 5 minutes of driving? please anyone with any advice is much appreciated, also my heater fan blows cold inside the car if this has anything to do with the issue?

Take thermostat out and try it without it, do the old hot water test on the thermostat while you are there. Make sure you have flow from the water pump as well.

Edited by Sausage

1 hour ago, mk2 said:

if inside heater is cold, means the water isn't flowing through it. could be the water pump has gone to lunch. (plastic impellors snap clean off)

Screams of this to me. Don't drive it too far mate. Get that water pump changed (and do the belt while you're at it)

Although I'll add sausage has a point, the water isn't getting to the heater matrix so could be thermostat.

I'll argue water pump.

take the top hose off the expansion, feed it back and get someone to rev it whilst you look.

no fast flow, no water pump.