SDi Radiator Fan

Does anyone know the correct Bosch number for an SDi coolant fan?  The V Dub no. is 6N0 959 455E a 200/60w 2-speed as far as I can tell.  The only Bosch one I've found is 0 130 107 291 which has two pins on the connector making it a single speed motor.  My current fan as fitted (a Temic) has 3 pins as has the thermostatic switch on the radiator.  Whilst asking, can anyone advise on the easiest way to get the fan out as it appears blocked by the top hose on the SDi?

Fan has cut in okay when stationary in traffic but made loads of noise.  When the garage ran it up to temperature after radiator out for alternator change, they said it was noisy too!   When spun over by hand it feels rough and graunchy.  Nothing appears broken on the fan itself (curved blades) although it doesn't seem to have a balance weight/clip.

yeah, could be the fan motor bearing... not come across it in a post '98 car. older vdubs often. you can feel if the central shaft has too much slack by moving it from side to side. there should be no movement.

there are a couple of people on here breaking sdis...

Edited by mk2

Thanks for the posts.  Have managed to double check that my build against the vin is for a 200/60 watt fan.  The Hella appears to be a 250/60 for a vehicle with air con (not available as factory on the SDi as far as I'm aware).  Lots of the internet listings appear to be 'will fits'.  The Febi Bilstein is specified as a 200/60 and appears to be able to be UK sourced.

• 4 weeks later...

0 130 107 291 doesn't seem to be the correct Bosch listing. The one I've actually seen is a 2-pin.

0 130 107 283 might be the correct one.  However it appears that both these have been discontinued by Bosch anyway. 

Found Murray's Direct at Hatfield a helpful and informative supplier.

• 2 weeks later...

So if the SDI is supposed to use a 200/60 , does anyone know what a standard lupo would be? 

I changed the one that came with the 1.0 AUC engine (No A/C), to one from my SDI and noticed an increase in running temperatures. 

Interesting.