Window regulator removal

Finally got around to doing my drivers side window which has been stuck since last summer....

These are a pig to get to if the window is stuck up, this is the shape 10mm spanner you need to get on the hidden window clamps as no room for socket and nut is recessed :

Dscn5031.jpg

Get to it like this:

Dscn5032.jpg

Battery died so repair done with no pics...

Nicked this one off here to show broken part, the red plastic part with spring had broken allowing cable to pass thru it, fixed with gorilla glue and zip tie. Greased everything up while in the drive mechanism.

IMAG0339_zpsbxput8lk.jpg~original

getting cable back on drum was tricky so unhooked from the rollers at the channel ends to give enough slack, then hooked cable back over those when motor all back together.

Edited by Sausage
  • Like 1

Well my 1/4 inch ratchet and short 10mm socket wouldnt go on either clamp because the door reinforcing was right in the way, but i had lowered the whole lot including window down about an inch, maybe if i hadnt done that it might have gone on?

But either way a difficult nut to reach, old swanny did the trick though as it only needed to be loosened off a bit to release the window.