Seat Arosa Sport pedal box

JayGee

Hi, Looking for some help please,

I have a 2003 Seat Arosa Sport 1.4 16v, The pedal box issue has happened and needs replaced,
Would anyone be able to tell me where to get the parts as the part numbers given in a how to fix it post doesn’t show anything when searching online,
Parts have been advised need to order are: 1 pedal box (part number S6X2721115G), 1 brake pedal clip (part number 1H2721169), 2x M8x20mm sheer bolts (part number SN90583001)

Can anyone confirm these are still the correct parts numbers to get, and where to get them?

Cheers, john 

11 hours ago, Rich said:

don't bother replacing the shear bolts with shear bolts.

go to tps, Google it.

TPS is just Vdub in disguise (it's owned by VAG). I've found pricing identical to dealers...

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

TPS is just Vdub in disguise (it's owned by VAG). I've found pricing identical to dealers...

Weird, I've found them a fair bit cheaper... 5l of Quantum Platinum is circa £12 at TPS but close to £30 at the dealer, '5+ range' battery for the Golf was £55 at TPS but £70ish at VW :ph34r:

Also the red Quantum coolant they sell meets G12 and is cheap, unlike the extortionate purple G13 stuff at the stealer :blink:

Maybe there are regional differences?

Either way (And back on topic) I'm pretty sure @Rich offers a drive in-drive out pedal box welding service, depending on where you are it might be worth giving him a nudge :)

Cheers, So if I get the pedal box out can it be welded so doesn't happen again as other posts I have seen say it just happens again unless you get a new updated pedal box,

Just checked ECP and nothing coming up,

clutch ages, gets heavy, spot welded bracket for clutch shears and gives out.

if you repair the original you must reset it so that it is as it was before it bent.

you wouldn't have to remove anything.

• Like 1

Would anyone be able to confirm I have the correct part numbers for what is needed as I contacted a Seat dealer today and their parts department said they can't find anything and I need them asap as the car won't go into reverse now, 

Cheers, 

Part Numbers: 
pedal box: S6X2721115G
brake pedal clip: 1H2721169
sheer bolts: SN90583001, may not bother with these but would like the option if possible, 

Edited by JayGee

Not to be cynical but I don't understand why people obsess over having their own part numbers before ringing a dealer. Could solve the problem in half of the time. It's what they're there for, if they can't find the pedal box on their diagrams i'd be worried! 

Also IIRC the brake pedal clip isn't available on it's own from VAG specifically for the lupo. Mk3 golf one. 

Edited by cj1

• 2 years later...

Hi, I found this thread and I have the same issue. The clutch pedal on my 2002’Arosa has broken. @Rich did I read your in Durham?

I’m in Newcastle. My brother (mechanic) welder it but it lasted a month. Could you let me know if you still off a drive in drive out welding service still?

If so please contact me on 07519655659

Thanks

J