Stef's laser blue GTI

sj2112

42 minutes ago, Sausage said:

I be like, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Yeah but im not programmed like that, if it bugs me it ruins the drive, and if hill start or pulling out of a slope it really struggled. Done now for a long time. And wasnt expensive in my opinion. 

Compared to the the golf r32 this is peanuts to run 

compared to what the car cost the clutch is peanuts so I would have done it if there was a noticeable problem.

my 1.4 has a high clutch, I'm not changing it but it annoys me.

So another day, another little package arrived..
Noticed this split after cleaning the car, only ordered yesterday, great service.

DSC_0249

And i took the rest of the week off, so popped to the pub. Really do love this little car

DSC_0250

Cheers stefan

Edited by sj2112

Lovely Lupo! Only thing that bugs me is those number plate caps! White caps on the front in the black letters and yellow in the middle of the rear letters! And I like the red trim on the grille too, have that on mine, just hoping it doesn't fade like the first one I fitted.....

1 hour ago, lupogtiboy said:

Lovely Lupo! Only thing that bugs me is those number plate caps! White caps on the front in the black letters and yellow in the middle of the rear letters! And I like the red trim on the grille too, have that on mine, just hoping it doesn't fade like the first one I fitted.....

Haha you n me both mate, its next on the list to replace with plain plates, will be stuck on as not fan of screwed on

I love that you're doing all the little niggly jobs that I planned to do but never seemed to find the time :lol: I never thought anything of how the clutch was to be honest, just thought it was how they all were because my old grey one was like that. Very jealous you managed to clean the exhaust up, I tried all sorts but could never get it to look as good as that!

Keep the updates going, really enjoying this thread :) when the weather is like this I loved buzzing round the local lanes in it which it looks like you've been doing :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, chrisgti95 said:

I love that you're doing all the little niggly jobs that I planned to do but never seemed to find the time :lol: I never thought anything of how the clutch was to be honest, just thought it was how they all were because my old grey one was like that. Very jealous you managed to clean the exhaust up, I tried all sorts but could never get it to look as good as that!

Keep the updates going, really enjoying this thread :) when the weather is like this I loved buzzing round the local lanes in it which it looks like you've been doing :thumbsup:

Cheers chris, it wasnt an expensive job but one that has made the drive much more enjoyable. 

I think it's the little details that make the biggest transformation tbh, i was suprised myself how well the exhaust came up as i wasnt holding much hope haha 

Will update as and when i do bits... 

• 3 weeks later...

So update time.... And not a good one, the little lupo has broken down. Battery light was on/flashing, im guessing alternator or battery on its way out... Currently waiting on a lift. 

sounds about right.

in future if you knock off all electrics and turn the car off downhill and bump a lot you can get maximum distance.

doubtlessly you were going for a sunny drive to the pub as well. (theme)

look into changing the voltage regulator only, quicker, easier and a lot cheaper.

this has been a fix for many many cars of this gen.

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

sounds about right.

in future if you knock off all electrics and turn the car off downhill and bump a lot you can get maximum distance.

doubtlessly you were going for a sunny drive to the pub as well. (theme)

Cheers rich, i got jump leads on it and it started straight away... To me it seems alternator? 

Dropped the car off at the garage so its atleast there come monday. 

• 2 weeks later...

So i got the car Back earlier on in the week, it was indeed the alternator... Car is all good now. Ive spent a fair bit on it, but i like my car to be spot on. 

But i am missing the power the r32 had and am getting itchy feet to get something quick again, being a single lad.....

• 1 month later...
Washed the car this evening as what with the hot weather its been put off a while

Also bought some plain plates to tidy it up.. 

2018-07-01_09-43-25.jpg

2018-07-01_09-43-38.jpg

2018-07-01_09-43-48.jpg

2018-07-01_09-43-55.jpg

4 hours ago, oVerboost said:

You MAY get pulled over for them plates if you get a jobsworth copper as there's no space between the LD55 and EMX.

Car looks really nice though, and good progress so far too. :)

Yeah i thought it would come spaced out, so i think i will order another set just to be safe... ? Cheers pal

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sj2112 said:

Yeah i thought it would come spaced out, so i think i will order another set just to be safe... ? Cheers pal

You'll probably be okay, I see a few cars like this everyday, but if you don't want any potential hassle it's worth changing lol... but a lot of the online places/ebay you have to physically type the space when writing the reg. If you did, message them and get them to send another set out to you as it's their mistake.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well i best update and close this thread... 

I sold the lupo on Saturday just gone, change of job meant i needed a bigger car so now own an s4 avant. 

Im sure the car will be looked after by the new owner who i think is on here. All the best