Stef's laser blue GTI

sj2112

Hello everyone

Ive been on this forum a while, always browsed on and off and owned a black lupo gti in the past, i messaged chris about his laser blue gti that would he ever sell it i would be interested, time went by and i signed into clublupo and noticed i had a message, it was chris mentioning it would be going up for sale shortly but i realised i had my old email address on this forum so didnt get it straight away... Rookie error on my part, when i put the advert up for my golf, i knew how rare this gti was but with only having put my r32 up for sale i was all but sure it would sell before i could sell mine.. 

I then happened to sell mine in the space of a few weeks with a deposit left on mine after a week..praying the little lupo hadnt been sold, i got back in contact with chris and i put a deposit on it as soon as i got a deposit on the golf, all went very smoothly which was great and very rarely pans out that way.. 

So me and my father drove the 3 hour trip up to see it in Sheffield, was nice drive up and then there tucked away was the lupo gti, immediately made me smile, and a great colour in the flesh, we got chatting and went out in it, agreed a price and the lupo was making its way down south. 

For those that dont know, laser blue is the rarest colour for the gti with a rumoured 10 or so ever made, added to the fact this particular gti has air con, heated leather seats and the 6 disc cd changer, making it a very well speced car indeed. 

Im the 5th owner and it has just turned 65k miles

So my first week in ownership of the little lupo, i am quite a fussy bugger with cars and made a little list of things i wanted to do or change.. 

Firstly the wheels were rebalanced as the drive home i got quite abit of wheel wobble, which has now cured the problem, i purchased little touches like new wiper blades, side repeaters as one had condensation in, new stickers for the key inserts that were missing, pic below will show this, new mats as the ones in the car were abit pants and not the correct fitment and slid as weren't held in place, i removed a few stickers, one a pistonhead in the rear screen and a k and n sticker in the engine bay, i prefer the cleaner look.. Sorry chris :ph34r:

Its booked in tomorrow at jkm portsmouth to have a look over the car as a couple of things cropped up, the battery light flashed which it hasnt since but worth checking over and the oil service light come up, yet has just been serviced... And for me the only gripe is the clutch to me doesnt quite feel right so will get that replaced should it need it, like i say im fussy but couldn't turn down a laser blue gti that was in great condition overall

Sorry for mumbling on haha, so the lupo, like i say i bought new mats that i had custom made to replicate the oem mats which are hens teeth now or an arm and a leg to buy 

New mats.. 

DSC_0220DSC_0219DSC_0221

Replacing the old.. 

DSC_0213DSC_0215

DSC_0214

Little touches.. 

DSC_0207DSC_0210

DSC_0211

Condensation.. Been replaced

DSC_0212

Stickers removed.. 

DSC_0209DSC_0208DSC_0227

And some of the car.. 

DSC_0231

DSC_0228

DSC_0232

DSC_0230

DSC_0229

So thats where the lupo is at for now

Cheers stefan 

3 minutes ago, Skajme said:

Stunning car, very envious!

Edit: Where did you get the wipers?? I struggled to find some the right size!

Thanks mate, i got them from halfords of all places

Look for A928S on the bosch packaging and they will be the right ones

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

garaged?

cleaning behind arch liners?

red strip removal?

No as it is my 'daily' to a degree, not used everyday for work, but will be kept well maintained and up together best i can. 

In the process of saving aswell for my own place after moving back home and any garage i can get will house my dads clio v6 i will inherit.. 

Great to see you'e making the car your own. Completely forgot to give you the rubber mats for the front which do fit properly - let me know if you want me to send them to you, I just used them through the winter. 

The service light will have come on because it didn't before I had it serviced, I just had it done because I knew it was due soon - just needs a reset. 

Delighted a member has bought the car, I can already see it's going to be well looked after :)

1 hour ago, chrisgti95 said:

Great to see you'e making the car your own. Completely forgot to give you the rubber mats for the front which do fit properly - let me know if you want me to send them to you, I just used them through the winter. 

The service light will have come on because it didn't before I had it serviced, I just had it done because I knew it was due soon - just needs a reset. 

Delighted a member has bought the car, I can already see it's going to be well looked after :)

Hi chris, not to worry regarding the mats mate

I also presumed that was why the service light popped up, no biggie, just making note of everything for this thread really, no dig. 

It will be looked after ;)

Looks well nice. im going to head to halford on my way home and get some. thanks for the info.

This looks really clean. I love the gti's in blue i have a raven blue one myself. you looking to keep it standard or modified?

10 minutes ago, Reedo said:

Looks well nice. im going to head to halford on my way home and get some. thanks for the info.

This looks really clean. I love the gti's in blue i have a raven blue one myself. you looking to keep it standard or modified?

Thanks mate, i wont be changing it, not into the whole air ride vag scene to be honest

Pondering on kw coilovers and rear spacers but that would be as far as modifications go, and simple to put back. 

28 minutes ago, sj2112 said:

Thanks mate, i wont be changing it, not into the whole air ride vag scene to be honest

Pondering on kw coilovers and rear spacers but that would be as far as modifications go, and simple to put back. 

Sounds like a decent plan. Not Many untouched ones about anymore. Ive done a few things to just update the look on the interior which can be changed back easily. 

Ive got some BBS to go on and BC coilovers on the way and that is it nothing else happening to mine mods wise.

10 minutes ago, Reedo said:

Sounds like a decent plan. Not Many untouched ones about anymore. Ive done a few things to just update the look on the interior which can be changed back easily. 

Ive got some BBS to go on and BC coilovers on the way and that is it nothing else happening to mine mods wise.

Thats cool, they are rare as they are without being butchered to be honest

7 hours ago, sj2112 said:

Doesn't need anything other than a set of KW's and some good care. I could be biased here :lol:

PS. Loose the red trim around the grille ;)

2 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Looks good. Any plans to return the heater controls, fan and headlight switch back to OEM?

Thought about it already.. Im sure i will in time

2 hours ago, VincentM said:

Awesome pics, Stefan. I like the interior a lot. Very neat. Are you planning any mods for your Lupo in the future?

Thankyou bud, only mods would maybe be kw coilovers but i really am enjoying it in standard form. Such a fun little car

Update.. 

So car got clean bill of health from jkm in Portsmouth, really good bunch of guys down there, had few things to look over.. And i ended up just going ahead and replacing the clutch, it was abit vague and struggled on hills, so rather than spoil the driving pleasure i just replaced it, now its great! 

DSC_0234

Next on the list was to replace the rear wiper arm and blade, the standard just didnt clear the screen very well and i didnt like the appearance of it so swapped for a mk6 polo version.. 

DSC_0235

I also took the day off work as the weather was awesome, i gave the lupo a clean and went to grab some shots, also gave the exhaust a good going over with some autosol

before and after to show the difference 

DSC_0236

And ones on a nice drive

DSC_0248

DSC_0245

DSC_0244

DSC_0241

DSC_0240

DSC_0242

DSC_0239

Found a pub and stopped for a beer 

DSC_0246