that clunk when doing hard corners....

Bush analysis time, stripping the front end down and the roll bar bushes are shot, 140k and 16 years.

I figured the easiest way was just to buy a couple from VW so that's what I did.

Here's  comparison of the two side by side, work out what you want however:

one has a chunk out a corner and has started splitting at the back (passenger)

the other is relatively intact but has deformation and the seam at the bottom is starting to split.

NewImage_800_450_90(20).jpg

NewImage_800_450_90(21).jpg

NewImage_800_450_90(22).jpg

fun fact everyone... it's not an mot fail until you get metal to metal contact. true for all rubber bushed things. it does however affect handling a lot, so worth doing. oem is always best. polyurethane rubbish wrecks handling.

On 4/12/2018 at 12:51 PM, Rich said:

"Bush analysis time"

^The magic words that the female contingent of CL have all been secretly waiting to hear you utter...

Don't keep us all in suspense...Did it put an end to the knocking?

Mine's had a hideous clunk ever since I bought it a few years back (I actually came and spoke to you in person about it when it was in the first week of it's tenure at cassa Eunos IIRC)

I've done drop links, rear shocks/boots/bump stops, but in the end learned to live with it given driving an SDI is pure misery irrespective of much clunkorz. Perhaps ARB bushes are to blame for mine, if not maybe rear beam bushes :unsure:

Rich......

This feels like it's bordering on a how to.  Shall I delete? No need for a red face :P

Great thread. Excellent knowledge. Standard.

Nothing brightens up my day like some high Res images of a well used bush.

Is it bad that I've spotted the background in your candid bush shots is a MK4 Golf 'sport' (Recaro lookalike) seat?

*Must try to get out more*

Edited by JoeyEunos

23 hours ago, Rich said:

they are £30 mk4 gti seats, only three door ones I found.

Thought so... They were described as 'Sports Seats' in the original brochures IIRC, they look like Recaros but aren't -_-

I bought a set of these for £30 too, then found a better set (3X3 rear belts) for £20, so I've actually got two sets, one set lives in the loft. Mk4 parts = pretty much rock bottom price at present.