Time for new tyres

As the topic says I'm getting some new tyres for the fronts (which are currently on the back (swapsies)). Before there wasn't any choice, it was Dunlop or nothing, now I see we have the choice of Toyo's..?

I have toyo's on Fyggy, partly because I like the tred pattern (girlie!), but I wondered if anyone has made the change and gone for Toyo's over Dunlops? I notice Toyo's are cheaper, and Kwik Fit told me they're economy tyres.

On another note, can anyone beat £ 173.40 for 2 tyres to the door?

TOYO. Definitely. I'm still on dunlops but as soon as I need new tyres, I'll be on toyos.

Where did you get the £173 price from?

I usually get my tyres from mytyres.co.uk! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by nickilupo

£173?!?

I paid £110 fitted for a pair of Eagle F1s - admittedly 'only' 195/45 size, but way better tyres than the Dunlops and at least as good as the Toyos.

Anyway, Toyos every time, they're in a different league to the Dunlops.

Where did you get them from Tim?

mytyres.co.uk and blackcircles.co.uk don't list toyo proxy's...

Oh yeah, biiiiig mistake Kat - keep well away from kwik fit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got in contact with Toyo directly via their website and got a pair of T1R's for the front of my GTi. They sent me a list of known dealers in my area and had the tyres shipped there as soon as they could (which took about a month).

As soon as you have them on you'll realise just how ***** the Dunlops are, there really is a HUGE difference - esp. in the wet.

I made the swith from Dunflops to Toyo's recently .... would definatley recommend it.

Mine were £49 each from MyTyres, they're not listed at the minute, but they do come and go all the time. I think its just a matter of checking the stock every now & then!

@Nicki, that was on mytyres.com

Kwik fit do a lot of stuff for free for me (as they lurve me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />), but they quoted me £110 PER TYRE (inc fitting) for Dunlops and nothing else.

Ok, I'm sold, I'll get some Toyo's biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> They were on mytyres just last week, but not today.. strange. Cheaper than Dunlops too for some reason..

I'll keep you all posted. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Still not sure from all the above if you should go for the Toyos confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ive got Goodyear Eagle F1's on my RH Classics and theyre good tyres,also got the Toyos T1- S' on my Ronal Turbos and theyre very good tyres indeed,both in 195x45 size.

T

Edited by GTi T

Was having problems getting the Toyo tyres in NI so emailed Toyo asking if I could buy them direct or if not where could I get them.

I said I had seen them on mytyres.co.uk. This was the reply.

Hi

We do this size, but unfortunately we cannot sell direct to the public. If you care to give me your address or just your postcode, I will be able to find the nearest dealer in your area for you.

mytyres.co.uk is not one of our authorised dealers, This dealer brings them in from abroad, if you should have any problems with tyres purchased through them, there will be no guarantees sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />