Key code

Sinjin Pontsonby Smythe

Don't bother trying to make a copy of your key with a new transponder chip... never worked for me (and i have my skc/pin)! Can't change the odometer reading either... unless you know which memory location it's placed in. I dont think anyone knows on here, but could be wrong...!

Edited by mk2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for reply guys. Just wasn’t sure if I was allowed to ask lol. 

Anyway....I’ve tried retrieving skc code using vagtacho but not working. Returns code as “0ded” which is obviously wrong. 

No joy with vag commander either. 

Skezza, what do you use?

im pretty sure I got a Immo 2, that said I can remove the instrument cluster completely and car still starts so does that make it Immo 1?

mk2 - odometer change is simple with digiprog 3.  Done a couple now for customers. 

VAG-Tacho never worked for me. I tried it on Matt's Fresco Loop and it wasn't having any of it. It never worked on my Audi either. 

Lupo's are either immo2 or immo3. Immo2 is hackable pretty easily, Immo3 isn't so easy but still doable I believe. If yours is an Immo2 you can easily fit a bypass box which means any key will start it. If it's immo3 you'll need to get your code. I bought a VAG K+CAN Commander, like you mentioned, from a well known auction site. It is able to do all kinds of stuff, including retrieval of SKC and yes, it worked on both my Lupo and my Audi.

Also as Rich said, the clocks in the Lupo are completely modular.

22 minutes ago, Skezza said:

VAG-Tacho never worked for me. I tried it on Matt's Fresco Loop and it wasn't having any of it. It never worked on my Audi either. 

Lupo's are either immo2 or immo3. Immo2 is hackable pretty easily, Immo3 isn't so easy but still doable I believe. If yours is an Immo2 you can easily fit a bypass box which means any key will start it. If it's immo3 you'll need to get your code. I bought a VAG K+CAN Commander, like you mentioned, from a well known auction site. It is able to do all kinds of stuff, including retrieval of SKC and yes, it worked on both my Lupo and my Audi.

Sorry, one last question!  What version of vag commander did you use? 1.4 or 3.6??  Thanks 

45 minutes ago, mk2 said:

You do what i do and desolder the serial memory chip, copy, alter data, program a new one and resolder...?

Ok bud. Its an area I have limited knowledge in but have been looking into it and keen to learn. I’m one of those guys that “has all the gear, but no idea”!!!! Lol. 

Worried in case I f@*k it but guess I’ll have to take the plunge!

6 hours ago, Skezza said:

Tacho change on the Allroad... they're practically encouraging you to.

Vag tacho works on boras, old mk4s and some older vdubs. It is not well written or an easy piece of software to use. In a nutshell, it's a case of try a few clicks here and there at random until you might get lucky and see something work... i personally think vdub VAS in house system is also rubbish. Vagcom or vcds is also poorly written, and has a dreadful GUI. I've suggested to Uwe many times to change it to somthing that makes a lot more sense to mechanics- who are not programmers.

there are a few andriod apps that link with bluetooth obd2 modules that are very very good. I don't have an android phone but i've used a couple of other people's 'things'... most impressed.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

that's well ancient, reminds me of the N8 I had.

you seriously need to move with the times you're missing out.

Ancient. Agreed. A bit like a mk2... but i do have the original OS source and a working compiler through a friend of a friend. I can run SIP Voip landline on it and forward remote calls from any service to any service. I don't think you can do that on any Apple or Android thing, without some serious coding (no time for that!). Although I think apple have relented a few years back to allow a phone to be a hotspot after that court case. Mainly to do with service contracts I think. Unlimited 4G not available for same reason I think.

apple's products are rubbish.

samsung's products are rubbish.

google's... you get the idea.

They're all designed by numpties for numpties!  It's like modern cars with touch screens. If anyone thinks touch screens in a car are cool, they need to get a life! And if i need to explain why, it proves it....

the trouble is that most cars and system are designed nowadays by under 30YO's like me, who i keep being told know nothing about how to fix cars or understand the reason parts in cars have evolved to where they are today. Hmmm! It's either politics or corporate greed. It's all the bankers' fault.