U6C

Make: Volkswagen

Model: Lupo S (OPEN AIR)

MOT: 30/05/2018 (no advisories)

TAX: £150.00

Engine size: 1.4

Fuel type: petrol

Description including modifications:

60760 miles on the clock  (may increase slightly). I bought this a couple years back and has only been used occasionally, it starts up fine and interior is pretty clean with no tears or obvious signs of wear. The wheels are in good condition although the paintwork has some scuffs and scratches but nothing horrendous. The soft top is in good condition with a couple of worn edges but have experienced no leaks and opens/shuts fine.  However, the car does need some TLC with the following: Passenger door needs new 'strap' as the spring arm is broken so door swings open/shut. Driver side door card is bit soft and  window no longer works (stopped this summer suddenly... motor can be heard to operate when button is pressed) and the engine check light is on. My friend had this checked out by her garage but they couldn't find anything wrong so possibly a sensor issue. Handbook present but only one key as other was lost by previous owner. Some service history.

I think i have covered most points, please let me know if any further information is required.

Price: £895 ono

20171231_135702.jpg

20171229_161712.jpg

20180202_132345.jpg

20180202_132423.jpg

20171229_161438.jpg

Edited by U6C
Photos added

• 2 weeks later...

Just trying to understand as I am actually interested, your friend had it checked out? Did the garage not plug in an OBD2 scanner, which would have instantly told the mechanic exactly what was wrong with it?

Hi. I am sure the garage did do the scanner as she was concerened herself but she wasn't able to explain the issue to me (no offense to lady drivers) but she was told it was issue to do with sensor and they couldn't find anything wrong. It has been like this for as long as I have had it and I have not experienced anything that would cause concern. 

On 16/02/2018 at 11:42 AM, Skezza said:

Just trying to understand as I am actually interested, your friend had it checked out? Did the garage not plug in an OBD2 scanner, which would have instantly told the mechanic exactly what was wrong with it?

Inspections welcome if its convenient for you. 

On 16/02/2018 at 11:42 AM, Skezza said:

Took it to garage today where they did a diagnostic and the code is P0401 (16785) which suggests issue with EGR flow. 

He did mention that the car passed MOT with this so not sure what it could be. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...