Bensonmish

Hello fellow VW lovers ? New member here, hope you are all living the dream...

I'm a Mk4 golf owner and I know this is a lupo forum but I have a little 1.4 Axp engine and interested in the mods you do to the little engines here. Currently I'm working on my car, valve job, clean up, tappets, timing belt kit and just looking around because I have her opened up and curious on what you are doing here ☺

I'm sure you all know what's what and you're just being modest ? very interesting threads on here and a very good read.

Here is my golf, got her for £100 with broken timing belt. About 3 to 5 hundred to get back on the road but worth it I think, she has only 79000ish on it and a three door is getting hard to find.

20171004_120003.jpg

18 hours ago, Bensonmish said:

My plans are to put her on a diet once she is fixed. It would be cool to put a cooper s charger on it but it's a lot of work. That's way into the future anyway 

3.6 vr6 engines fit... you're right though, they have a lot of extra stuff in there which really makes them heavy. Rip it all out and you'll shed about 1/3 ton! Comfy cars though.

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

3.6 vr6 engines fit... you're right though, they have a lot of extra stuff in there which really makes them heavy. Rip it all out and you'll shed about 1/3 ton! Comfy cars though.

That would be nice ☺ going to fix the axp engine and think about a engine swap in a year or two. I'm going to teach the Mrs to drive in it first ? I'm 33 this year with 10 years no claims so I'm spoilt for choice engine wise, plus the 1.4 engine would be sweet in a beach buggy ?. Yeah the mk4 is a heavy bugger. I do love the golf's, I had a mk2 all kitted up a while back and have regretted getting rid ever since.

12 hours ago, Rich said:

i have a black three door 1.4 i am driving atm, match spec if you fancy buying another?

I have already put a nice Ina brand timing belt kit on it.

Cheers for the offer mate but I have a daily driver. The golf I have will be a nice smooth again, it was a friends and he looked after it really well. The only reason the belt snapped was because of a failed tensioner ? and it jammed up.

Everyone i know who has driven/owned a mk2 from 18 to 90 has regretted getting rid of their's. That says a lot about mk2's luv or hate 'em... personally, i think it's the best car ever built. Nothing is perfect in any car, but all round it can't be beat... I've driven/owned a lot of cars.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

sell the mk2 for me, someone you know will want one and will keep it original.

You mean your mk4 mate? You could sell a 3 door mk4 easy. Just out of curiosity what mileage has it done and what year? If I put mine up for sale it would go for £1200ish once fixed and some vw alloys on it (2001 mk4 golf S three door 79000 miles clean body and interior) 

sorry, the sell the mk2 comment was at the user mk2. 

my mk4 is a 53 plate match.

130k, belt done 3k ago, all is good with it, stuck some gti seats and a leather wheel in it. body bits are colour coded and all electrics work.

• Like 1