Who’s this?

mscherryviolet

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I don't even live in Durham so I have no idea what you're on about.

I thought she was making Pete craic?

Well I was... not my fault something is lost in translation here. 

TEAM PETE! 

GO PETE! 

IHEARTPETE

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

Skezza, what happened to your sdi...? Did you sell it?

Sold it to a fella who broke it for parts unfortunately. It was bumped on a car park by someone in a Honda Accord and it left the passenger wing, front bumper, and passenger door with sizable damage. I was tempted to fix it up but I needed someone who would dedicate actual time and I didn't have any. The guy who bought it, drove it for about a month then broke it.

I am currently in a heap of **** Mazda (actively looking for my next VAG motor) but it has actually given me some great stories despite only being in my possession about 6 months.

Arghhh! What a shame. Bet you were gutted. Hey at least they didn't drive off after hitting you. Must have been doing some speed to do that much damage- in a car park?!? I bet you still have a shed load of parts for lupos though... i have a barn full of mk2 bits, and increasingly lupo now...

so my guess is you must be looking for another SDI? I'm looking for my third or in fact an SDI arosa as I'd like to try a different type of lupo...

Edited by mk2

14 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Arghhh! What a shame. Bet you were gutted. Hey at least they didn't drive off after hitting you. Must have been doing some speed to do that much damage- in a car park?!? I bet you still have a shed load of parts for lupos though... i have a barn full of mk2 bits, and increasingly lupo now...

so my guess is you must be looking for another SDI? I'm looking for my third or in fact an SDI arosa as I'd like to try a different type of lupo...

get a gti.

2 hours ago, mk2 said:

Loads. I've not owned my last Lupo yet, so they're just waiting patiently.

I'd consider another SDI for sure, but I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for a good TDI or GTI. I think I'd love either, but I'm aware the latter are commanding better money. There's one near me for about 3 grand but I'm pretty sure it's been hammered on coilies because the front splitter has taken a beating and there's some rash on the bumper. I'd rather get one that hasn't been utterly wrecked, unfortunately they demand good money.

TDI's at the moment could be a great investment. Great cars, with good spec and a good strong diesel engine to boot. The government really aren't sure what their policy on diesels are, but people are panicking. Now is the time to buy. 

I always like to think when searching for a new car, that there's someone out there right now looking after my car for me. It's just a case of waiting until they've decided (or you convinced them) to give it to you... people desperate to sell usually mean that they just don't care for the thing and just want rid of it. Usually means that they haven't been looking after it. I like to look for phrases like, "sad to see it go", "looking for a new home" or "very reluctant sale".... 

100% agree on now time to buy diesels. If anything just for the compensation return if gov't force scrappage.... but my guess you'd need at least three official independent valuations (like for insurance claims).

I've never changed car just because of the colour... if i had the choice, my fav colour for a lupo is that nitro yellow green colour whatever it's called a sort of vomit colour if you mix veg and icecream.

snowing up north a bit then?

cedar green, I might paint a mk2 that colour.

Colour is important, recently shown the love of a new flexi, rack, two ball joints, front bushes and bearings, cleaned the oil pick up and sump whilst I was at it.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

cedar green, I might paint a mk2 that colour.

Colour is important, recently shown the love of a new flexi, rack, two ball joints, front bushes and bearings, cleaned the oil pick up and sump whilst I was at it.

How much do you want for this GeeTeeEye?

Bear in mind 'geeteeeyes' don't generally go down in value... buy, drive for a couple of years, sell for what you paid... free motoring! Or if you're rich, buy a Veyron, drive for a couple of years and sell for double. Everbody wins!