Lupo GTI Xenon autolevel maulfunction

Danne_gg

Hello!

My Xenon lights are pointed as low as they get.
The motors in the lights can be heard working but they wont move.
Replaced the sensor on the rear axel without any change, replaced the light switch without any change.
I can NOT  access headlight range 55 with vcds because to many communication errors.
Anyone got any ideas? Ive taken one of the headlights apart changing the headlight range motor, no change.
Checked all the possible ground points I could find. But where are the lights/sensor/anything connected to this grounded?

I'm grateful for any help!

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

I’d be starting with eliminating the communication errors as it’s most likely one or more of those that’s causing your fault.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes but how?
There is ONLY a communication error when trying to connect to 55 headlight range.
ECU etc can be connected to without a issue.

Edited by Danne_gg

Which suggests to me that if you’re only struggling to get communication with the headlamps then there is a problem with just that system, which is why they’ve dropped. So I’d be checking out wiring visually to start with. The lights work so there is no issue there, ͏You can hear the motors buzzing away so they must be working, it’s possible (but extremely unlikely) that both headlight tilt mechanisms have stripped simultaneously, but I really really doubt it.

You’ve fitted a new lsv for your lights on the back axle so that should be fine, so you need to focus on the wiring that connects the 2 together. If you can reestablish comms to the headlights I’d imagine you’d get your beam level back. You need to find the cable that goes from the lsv to the headlights and check that condition first, if it’s getting a false or no signal it will just go to one of two extremes depending on the value it’s getting, either facing the floor or blinding commercial flight pilots. I’d not worry about ground points but just check the wiring from the back to the front, it’s even possible that the exhaust had melted the cable.

Just a quicky, have you tried the new lsv not connected to the axle? Just moving it on it’s owm but connected to the loom obviously, and seeing what happens?

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just a quicky, have you tried the new lsv not connected to the axle? Just moving it on it’s owm but connected to the loom obviously, and seeing what happens?

Ive done visual inspection without any faults.
I'm struggling to find a schematic on how its all connected. If its a separate cable from the lsv on the rear axel to the obd and one cable to the headlights or how its all coming together?

And yes, tried without the sensor. Then vcds cant see it at all. with it connected the part number apperars in vcds before it fails because of to many communication errors.