GTI AVY Engine - Plain Alloy or Red Rocker why?

LR5V

My 03 GTI had a plain silver rocker until I needed a new one and it came through in red, even lists it as red on ETKA. I know the Polo GTI came with an all red version. Mind you, I wouldn't say mine is painted all that well, looks like there was a panic in the warehouse at the last minute, someone nipped down to Halfrauds for some red spray and gave it a quick dusting!

This was some time ago! Took it in for a 40k service, when the tech removed the plugs, had oil in 2 & 3 up to the top of the plugs. Elsa said to use a new rocker cover, it was under warranty at the time, so I had it all done. Thanks VW! Better still, I managed to get the old rocker cover and sold it on! Win Win!

It only really needed resealing, but as VW were paying I thought it rude not to have it all done....

ETKA does say it should be red on a GTI though

avy rocker.jpg

I work for a main dealer so I know which techs I can and cant trust. The guy who did mine was a good tech and I've never had any issues since it was done. Was on about 39/40k when it was done, now on 168k and still going so NOT all VW Techs are monkeys