Vw UP Gti News

lupo1.0se

Ok. Considering this is exclusive.

I found tis post on twitter on sunday which stated only 700 are coming to the UK. So I asked Vw UK about this and they have responded back

rumour.png

So yes. Limited to only 700 to 750 initially.

volkswagen verfied.png

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:05 PM, lupogtiboy said:

Opens Feb 6th for UK ordering

Not quite!

Yesterday I test drive a white one at JCT600 York. They have a red one currently being shipped to the UK... which I bought!

Looking very likely that I'll have the first one on the road in the UK.

In tornado red of course, to match my Lupo GTi :)

Edited by Dubster

5 hours ago, Dubster said:

Not quite!

Yesterday I test drive a white one at JCT600 York. They have a red one currently being shipped to the UK... which I bought!

Looking very likely that I'll have the first one on the road in the UK.

In tornado red of course, to match my Lupo GTi :)

How does it compare to the Lupo GTi?

According to the latest Top Gear test drive it's less "hardcore" than the Lupo. If you could really define the Lupo GTi as hardocre that is...

2 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

How does it compare to the Lupo GTi?

According to the latest Top Gear test drive it's less "hardcore" than the Lupo. If you could really define the Lupo GTi as hardocre that is...

It's a different beast. The turbo gives it low end grunt, then the power delivery is fairly linear. The Lupo doesn't come alive until 4000 rpm but then takes off. The Up! has good brakes with large front discs, unfortunately the rears are drums which doesn't look so appealing through the big wheels. I have to be honest, I felt immediately at home in the Up!. Expect a better review when it arrives :)

Edited by Dubster

hey!! nice toy. i just activated my account on the other forum, but its better to talk here.

i am also a lupo gti owner (in fact CUP racecar modified track toy) and looking to buy a UP GTI, but for the daily commute. in your opinion is it worth twice the price over the UP 75PS? i can buy one almost new -2015- with 10 000miles for half the price of the new GTI...and dont know what to do.

so the brakes and engine-pedal answer...how are they compared top the lupo? the ride height?

1 minute ago, WRC said:

hey!! nice toy. i just activated my account on the other forum, but its better to talk here.

i am also a lupo gti owner (in fact CUP racecar modified track toy) and looking to buy a UP GTI, but for the daily commute. in your opinion is it worth twice the price over the UP 75PS? i can buy one almost new -2015- with 10 000miles for half the price of the new GTI...and dont know what to do.

so the brakes and engine-pedal answer...how are they compared top the lupo? the ride height?

The answer to that. I definitely think so. If you consider options alone. You get a lot standard (heated seats, different interior, 6 speed gearbox, an extra 38bhp compared to the 75bhp, a turbo, 17" wheels I have probably missed some bits too)

No idea compared to the lupo. I have not driven one

3 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

The answer to thatșiI definitely k so. If you  considecontroln s  al. one. You get a lot s. tandard (heated seats, different interior, 6 speed gearbox, an extra 38bhp compared to the 75bhp, a turbo, 17" wheels I have probably missed some bits too)

No idea compared to the lupo. I have not driven one

True. But for the daily commute the 17 alloys are not a good option  . 1 st:  the tires are more Expensive and than the ride will be more bumpy...Because the roads In My country are bad. 

Than...the price. The gti is 16000 euros. The 2015 up 75 Is less than 8000. 

And i get The cup edition with heated seats, maps and more, panoramic roof, alloys, climate Control. And sport seats

But the gti looks more fun and it gives you something to look Back when parked..

Edited by WRC

3 hours ago, WRC said:

True. But for the daily commute the 17 alloys are not a good option  . 1 st:  the tires are more Expensive and than the ride will be more bumpy...Because the roads In My country are bad. 

Than...the price. The gti is 16000 euros. The 2015 up 75 Is less than 8000. 

And i get The cup edition with heated seats, maps and more, panoramic roof, alloys, climate Control. And sport seats

But the gti looks more fun and it gives you something to look Back when parked..

Its interesting to know. I assume it might be the UK gets slightly different specs as standard. We get heated seats as standard on the UP Gti. The only option I can see is worthwhile (In UK) is the sunroof. Interesting you have similar concerns about the 17" wheels. We have pot holes in this country too!

1 hour ago, WRC said:

Cup edition, I mean on the normal up. 75 ps version. 

Don't know about gti features in my country but I am not a fan of heated seats. Nor of sunroof. The German configurator shows them as options. Not standard. 

Oh I see. The cup edition we never had. We had up white, up black, club up and street up.

Interesting regarding the German configurator.....

2 hours ago, mickster said:

Took the mother to look at an Up! TSI earlier and couldn’t resist the photo opportunity that presented itself to me...

2FA84430-B1D5-4915-8631-EF1AB731BF1C.jpeg

05B91059-C1FA-491D-8647-6099F07AA0EB.jpeg

Me likey too. But you should of persudaded your mum to go for that black up gti....

1 hour ago, lupo1.0se said:

Me likey too. But you should of persudaded your mum to go for that black up gti....

To be honest having seen them side by side like that I'm pretty tempted myself, surprised how good it looks.

I was impressed with the TSI when she took it for a spin, you can really feel the turbo kick in so I can only imagine the GTI performance will be better. I may well go back and take it for a test drive!

I took our demo one out yesterday and loved it! Made all the right (mostly fake pumped-in) noises, but its a nippy little sod! If only I didn't have a year left on mine....

I also had the chance to drive one at the weekend just gone. Fun little car! I would have liked a little more power but it was engaging and fun to drive. Good MPG even when driving harder too!