Hello from Cornwall

FlyingFrank

Just joined this illustrious gang of Lupo owners. Indoctrination was the collection drive from the M25 outskirts  down to my home here in the West Country. 275 miles in 4 hours 40 minutes, not bad going for the the 18 year old Lupo  , even with its auto gearbox. ( My wife only drives auto so hence the purchase )

Car has excellent bodywork but the flash red paintwork is suffering lacquer peel, seems to be common on these red cars ? Is it just the red ones that suffer?

Look forward to hearing others experiences with their pride and joys ……...

Hi Rich, thanks for the advice , I'm a little wary of fiddling with auto gearbox fluids, I had a very nice Audi 80 Estate with auto gear box and when the fluid was changed in that ( mileage about 110,000 ) 200 miles later , the whole thing gave up on me and had to scrap the car as replacement/re-build  gearbox was in the region of £1800 ; felt that after that experience, it might be better to leave things alone if they are working ok . The Lupo has only done 32,000 miles by contrast and has an incredibly smooth gearbox .

As for paintwork, I was surprised to see that the car had a lacquer coating , normally the non metallic paints were without lacquer . However, VeeDubs with red paints ( and Audis ) are notorious for paint fade so maybe the lacquer was an attempt to prevent the fade ?  Spanish built too so not quite the Wolfsburg finish ? ;-)

20171102_162753.jpg

1 hour ago, Rich said:

It's a common red thing.

what about taking the arch liners off out front and clearing the inevitable crap out?

buy it a few more years!

I think you're just trying to find work for me to do on my perfect little car ! :P