Removing inner door handle from doorcard

Hi everyone. Was searching for something on the forum re removing the inner handle from the doorcard but can't find any advice....

I know how to clip off the cover to reveal the screws and have taken off the doorcard but don't know how to separate all the inner pull handle from the door card. Want to refurb all the scratched stuff.

Thanks!

There are 2 tube shape retainer clips that sandwich the door card between the handle and the retainer, then to seperate the door handle itself from the doorcards there are a few metal clips around the inside of it with glue around and behind them. Cut as much glue as possible out and use some pliers to pull the metal clips out. The handle should just pull out. Then when refitting just use some silicone where the glue was??

11 hours ago, henry.0112 said:

There are 2 tube shape retainer clips that sandwich the door card between the handle and the retainer, then to seperate the door handle itself from the doorcards there are a few metal clips around the inside of it with glue around and behind them. Cut as much glue as possible out and use some pliers to pull the metal clips out. The handle should just pull out. Then when refitting just use some silicone where the glue was??

Thanks for this reply. I've taken the inner handle off now! Any advise on how to remove the metal handle/hinge portion so I can work on the plastics?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
On 10/17/2017 at 7:48 AM, henry.0112 said:

Theres a pin that goes through the plastic  and through the handle, if I remember rightly you can tap it out with a hammer but if not i dont remember it being that difficult to figure out

Apologies for reviving this old thread.

I am also trying to get this chrome handle separated from the plastic.

Does the spring have to be removed? and if so, is it and easy job to put back in afterwards?

If I remember correctly (I did this 2 years ago and have since moved on from lupos lol) the spring does have to be removed but it’s very self-explanatory as to how it goes back together and I never had any issues after they’d been apart 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 2:18 PM, henry.0112 said:

If I remember correctly (I did this 2 years ago and have since moved on from lupos lol) the spring does have to be removed but it’s very self-explanatory as to how it goes back together and I never had any issues after they’d been apart 

Thank you Henry.

I managed to come right. I wedged a flat screw driver between the plastic and spring, then used a cable / zip tie to hold the spring in a compressed position then tapped out the pin, removed handle and put pin back in, so it is ready to get sprayed now 👍