Definitive Lupo GTI Numbers and Production Info

tdwindustries

look at your chassis number and you can see which number of production it was, after the W (indicates the factory, wolfsburg) you will see the production number 000030 for example will be the 30th of that year. the number before the W indicates which year so 3W000030 was made between august 2002 to august 2003. 4W would be august 2003 to august 2004.

My letters B what does that mean? and my last numbers a1292 :confused:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on - I've been out drinking all day but my chassis no. is WVWZZZ6EZ5B001381 - assume that means it was built in Belgium (I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me!) between Aug. '04 & Aug. ' 05, which would tie-in with the date of registration being 11/1/05. 1381 doesn't compute though as it far exceeds the no. of UK cars but must be well below the total no. built for the European market (I'd have to assume that 1,400 in Deutschland is accurate althought I'd have thought it would have been higher).

Edited by Fow Vay

Hold on - I've been out drinking all day but my chassis no. is WVWZZZ6EZ5B001381 - assume that means it was built in Belgium (I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me!) between Aug. '04 & Aug. ' 05, which would tie-in with the date of registration being 11/1/05. 1381 doesn't compute though as it far exceeds the no. of UK cars but must be well below the total no. built for the European market (I'd have to assume that 1,400 in Deutschland is accurate althought I'd have thought it would have been higher).

1381 could have been out of over 10,000. you dont know the top figure for europe, or it could have been the last, 1381 may have been all they made for the world in that year and the last ever lupo gti made.

• 6 years later...

Hi i know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone had any idea on how many GTi's are actually left as someone on here said there were 625 i think but tht was back in 2008 so i wonder how many are left now? According to howmanyleft it says 761 in the Q3 of 2014 i know thats not accurate website but was wondering is there any other way to check?

Cheers.

Over here in sweden we can call the official car registry and ask. I haven't checked myself but i have heard there is about 35 Lupo GTI's in sweden.

Edit: I've just made a request for the number of gti's.. will get back when i get the answer!

Edited by malte

• 2 weeks later...

Over here in sweden we can call the official car registry and ask. I haven't checked myself but i have heard there is about 35 Lupo GTI's in sweden.

Edit: I've just made a request for the number of gti's.. will get back when i get the answer!

Got the answer a few days ago, They found 27 Gti's here in sweden. Pretty rare :yes: