Brake pedal going hard after one use

AlexHardy91

Hi, so I picked up a cheap 1.7 sdi a couple of weeks ago which needed a few bits doing, nothing major just service, wheel bearings and a blow in the exhaust welding up. 

I finally got a chance to change the oil, filter, air filer and fuel filter. But on the way home the brake pedal goes hard as if the vacuum goes after pressing the pedal onc3 (had a bit of a squeaky bum time when slowing for a double round about!)

does anyone have any ideas before I start looking at stuff which I'm not very confident with. Brakes are not my forte. 

Thanks 

Alex 

Probably a vaccum leak, look at the big plastic pipe coming out of the brake servo booster, it goes brittle and tends to rub on things. If not then look at the smaller vacuum pipes for splits, kinks etc.

Edited by Sausage

9 hours ago, Sausage said:

Probably a vaccum leak, look at the big plastic pipe coming out of the brake servo booster, it goes brittle and tends to rub on things. If not then look at the smaller vacuum pipes for splits, kinks etc.

Thanks, I'll have a look tonight