Gearbox parts

Having a job finding anyone selling cheap syncro kits and parts for the 02J box. Plenty selling rebuild kits which are just bearings and seals, I need a spring clip and maybe a syncro as there's a broken syncro spring on 3rd/4th gear which is just a metal spring clip worth pennies like in this pic:

11.jpg

I'll probably end up buying spares or repairs box and raiding it for bits at this rate.

Have a box lined up for the red TDI, this is just to satisfy my curiosity tbh.

probably get them from main dealer but having seen some single synchro springs for £15 for a Vauxhall and me needing 2 of them I bought some spring wire instead as these arent a complex shape. Not sure if they broke pulling the gears off or that is the reason 4th gear was such a b4stard to select when driving it, but i couldn't move the synchro by hand to select either 3rd or 4th prior to pulling the gears off the shaft so something wasnt right there.

have just found these now but would need to confirm size is the same: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYPE-9-FORD-3rd-and-4th-GEAR-SYNCHRO-HUB-SPRINGS-/311653986470 (just messaged them for 02J)

Dont mind chucking a few quid at it, but around £40 is the cut off zone tbh. Synchros are probably all right, ideally needs a couple of bearings while i'm there.

Edited by Sausage

While waiting for the VAG springs to turn up a few mins of twiddling with the spring wire yields these beauties:

DSCN4978.JPG

Needed the ends bending a bit to make them do their job properly...

DSCN4979.JPG

DSCN4980.JPG

Both 3rd and 4th synchros are knackered though...

DSCN4982.JPG

Cant justify £60 on them plus any other bits so this box is for parts...

Edited by Sausage