Biggest wheels possible..!!!

Billyboysmith

I have just got a 2001 Lupo 1.0e, manual, and although it's my first car, I want to modify it.

it already has adjustable coilovers, and I'd like to put 15" wheels on it that fill the arches in terms of width and depth. I'd like slightly stretched tyres, but don't want to have to roll the arches or get arch extensions. That said, I'm happy to get wheels spacers if required. 

I love the 'BBS' style wheels, so can anyone reccommend a wheel..?? I'm confused by offsets/ET's and really want to avoid an 'rubbing' issues..!!

thanks in advance.. Billy

• 1 month later...

My lupo is lowered about 40 - 50mm and i had to bend the rear arch lips to clear 195 50 15 tyres on 7 inch et35 rims especially when hitting bumps or dips or had weight in the back. Fronts were fine. 

You could avoid that with slightly narrower tyres, but i am not an advocate for stretch.

Having gone from 195 50 15 tyres on 15 inch wheels to 185 55 14 on 14 inch wheels and having my hard ride transformed when traversing speed bumps, I will be trying 60 profile 14s (185 60 14). 

Your Lupo is a 1.0 with small brakes, you dont need to run 15 inch wheels, you can run 13 and 14 wheels which are usually lighter (=better) and can run larger profile tyres to keep the rolling radius which will give you a better ride. I would be looking at 13 or 14 wheels myself.

Read up on offset, but basically the lower offset (et number) the more the wheel sticks out.

Play around on here: www.willtheyfit.com

Edited by Sausage

• 3 years later...