Getting a temp warning light after changing my thermostat housing

had to change my thermostat housing to get the thermostat to work properly but ive been getting a warning light since. It occasionally goes away but id like to get rid of the light. I plugged in with vcds and got the code 16500 Engine coolant temp sensor g62: Implausable signal P0116 - 35 - 10 

Is there a way I can just delete the light or something? because its been like this for weeks and its not been causing any problems

You could’ve damaged the wiring that’s connects to the sensor, or the sensor itself maybe corroded out, and you faffing with the thermostat has been the final straw, I’d replace the coolant temp sensor, cheap, easy.

16 hours ago, Pete said:

You could’ve damaged the wiring that’s connects to the sensor, or the sensor itself maybe corroded out, and you faffing with the thermostat has been the final straw, I’d replace the coolant temp sensor, cheap, easy.

thanks Pete, Ive just ordered one there because I cant see what else it could be. The pipes connected to it are definetly filled with water would there be a chance that if there was air inside it would cause it to trow a code? because as i said theres times when it doesnt flash

• 3 weeks later...