Vw Lupo Press Cars

lupo1.0se

Belated pictures, best I could do in the gloomy conditions. MOT passed, so happy with that. Some mods since the pictures on Parkers, when on L6UPO plate. Previous owner lowered on KW. I replaced the original head unit with a Sony XAV-602BT a few years ago. Works well, clear BT call quality and music streaming. Built in SatNav is pretty good too.

Exterior1.thumb.jpeg.3b37bc3e8d6f118fa73e7fca322cb091.jpeg

Exterior2.thumb.jpeg.8d762f26acdb4aa5a5879a61ded383fd.jpeg

Interior1.thumb.jpeg.2f78f592ae27e9552cf922c254b7a3df.jpeg

Interior2.thumb.jpeg.4b1cb39f3318fac489a3ca407fefab4c.jpeg

23 minutes ago, BLADE said:

Belated pictures, best I could do in the gloomy conditions. MOT passed, so happy with that. Some mods since the pictures on Parkers, when on L6UPO plate. Previous owner lowered on KW. I replaced the original head unit with a Sony XAV-602BT a few years ago. Works well, clear BT call quality and music streaming. Built in SatNav is pretty good too.

Interior2.thumb.jpeg.4b1cb39f3318fac489a3ca407fefab4c.jpeg

Thanks for the pics. Will update the threadvwhen I am on the pc

Also to further update this thread. A few weeks back I managed to find a email address of someone at the press office. I asked the question whether they had a full a list of all the press cars (Lupos) they had.

The answer is no they do not. So this thread is the most information currently avaialbe for all the UK press cars. There are a couple of press cars I have heard rumours about but no information to back them or misleading info (3 currently), although this could change if further info comes to light.

Ok. Another opportunity has presented itself. Another press car has come up for sale. Unfortunately it is not in good shape. It is X554CBW. The one used for accessories catalogue. It still has the grill and the spoiler. Unfortunately it needs a lot of love. If anyone is interested I have the contact details of its current owner. It is dorset way at present.

x554cbw 11.3.2018 2.jpg

x554cbw 11.3.2018.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se

On 03/02/2018 at 3:31 PM, BLADE said:

Might be putting this up for sale soon, as looking to replace with an S1, which I hope to test drive in the next week or so. Shame, but already enough cars in the fleet...

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

T65DBW is up for sale. As featured in top gear. More mods have been done this one. So will need work to return to original. It has been fitted with leather interior oddly.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803184694231?advertising-location=at_cars&model=LUPO&postcode=tn290qn&make=VOLKSWAGEN&radius=1500&sort=price-desc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=2

L6oup c1.jpg

L6oup c2.jpg

L6oup c3.jpg

L6oup c4.jpg

L6oup c5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So update time. Now as part of the research I have on press cars. I have a folder called "more research required". This is where a car is found but it is not coming up DVLA (due to reg changes etc) or due to a claim has been made about the car but no evidence to prove that this was ever the case.

Well one of these cars it has come to light that it is a press car. the reg is OY02JCJ. This one I found at the same time as a lot of the previous press cars. I recalled it from and advert for sale back in 2016 when it was claimed "Owned by VW UK", it was not too far away from where I live (Maidstone).

Anyway so what does this mean exactly? From what i can understand I suspect it is L6upo (2nd one). Reason for this I have seen a spec sheet provided to the press at the time which this car had every option ticked and was in red. No other car fits as L2upo (red) has no sunroof and the others are still in existence (X907NJO). Here are the pics. Thank you to matthewrspca and Morgan Rowlands for the help on this.

So does this mean other cars may fit in this category? Possibly. I suspect the red and black l2upo are strong contenders for this. There maybe more but we will have to wait and see.

OY02JCJ.png

Service Book.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A little bit of a thread update. The new re-search tool I am using turned up some information about one of the press cars that went off the road back in 2009. Its scrapped. Which possibly makes it the first one to be scrapped?

Anyway. Still the search must continue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A very big long shot I know:blush: , but might this be an ex. press car- it seems to have a “Volkswagen UK” rear number plate frame, unfortunately I can’t quite see what the picture shows....😥

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143015918626

(I know a previous owner might have added the ‘frame if it does say Volkswagen UK, but thought it was worth mentioning)

Martin:)

8 hours ago, Tourist said:

A very big long shot I know:blush: , but might this be an ex. press car- it seems to have a “Volkswagen UK” rear number plate frame, unfortunately I can’t quite see what the picture shows....😥

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143015918626

(I know a previous owner might have added the ‘frame if it does say Volkswagen UK, but thought it was worth mentioning)

Martin:)

Nope. Defiantly not. Not Oxford registered for a kick off. I knew one of the previous owners of this car.

Update time. Y937DWL is up for sale. On ebay for £2750. It bit of a bargain considering its history. Has the wrong back box tough (a scorpion). It does have aircon fitted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-GTI/283275382096?hash=item41f4874d50:g:56wAAOSwabRb-S~z:rk:8:pf:0

Ebay Nov 2018 0.jpg

Ebay Nov 2018 1.jpg

Ebay Nov 2018 2.jpg

Ebay Nov 2018.jpg