Vw Lupo Press Cars

lupo1.0se

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, dirk1978 said:

My GTI has a red I. Does that mean it was built in Wolfsburg and does that explain why some reg lookups see it as a VW 1600 fastback?

The easy way is to check you chassis number. If it had a w in it then yes it would be wolfsberg. Red I is a indicator to this too. Not sure on the last question

18 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

The easy way is to check you chassis number. If it had a w in it then yes it would be wolfsberg. Red I is a indicator to this too. Not sure on the last question

My logbook shows the car as a VW 1600 fastback. But the emissions is correct and the registered date etc. and some systems (e.g. ECP) bring the correct vehicle type up. I just always assumed it was a weirdness of being imported by VW dealers.

3 hours ago, dirk1978 said:

My logbook shows the car as a VW 1600 fastback. But the emissions is correct and the registered date etc. and some systems (e.g. ECP) bring the correct vehicle type up. I just always assumed it was a weirdness of being imported by VW dealers.

Edit. Ignore my last response as it is a ravern blue gti I noticed.

Just checked mine and this is all ok. I would contact the DVLA at that is clearly a mistake. What I have noticed on how many left is something happened on that year on 1600 ta fastback and the registrations spiked by about 200 cars. Maybe this is where your car comes into this.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_1600_ta_fastback#!manufacture

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 9:20 PM, lupo1.0se said:

Can you clarify where the "w" is supposed to be in the chassis number as they all start with a WVW ? thanks, Frank

Example

WVW ZZZ 6EZ 2W 123456

WVW - VW Build

ZZZ - Filler in European markets, but emissions info in USA

6EZ - Chassis designation

2W - 2002 chassis year, Wolfsburg Built

123456 - Chassis number sequence

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Example

WVW ZZZ 6EZ 2W 123456

WVW - VW Build

ZZZ - Filler in European markets, but emissions info in USA

6EZ - Chassis designation

2W - 2002 chassis year, Wolfsburg Built

123456 - Chassis number sequence

Pretty much what I suspect. Thanks Lupogtiboy

5 hours ago, hoddlewaddle said:

Love this thread, huge amount of effort going in!

Thank you. It took a long time. I am looking for the magazines but ebay prices are a bit rich. So no progress at the moment. Would like to do more but cannot really.

Edited by lupo1.0se

Update on L4upo (T35DWL) (green sport with no open air sun roof)

L5upo (OW51LCZ) yellow sport

L6upo (T65DBW) green 1.4s

The info I have found out is when the plates where transferred from the vehicles. Interesting on the search I found that most of the Vw press cars are registered in Oxford.

Edited by lupo1.0se
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I have checked on both old style plates and new styles. All Vw press cars are registered in Oxford. So if you have an Oxford registered Vw Lupo. It might be worth checking its history.

Edited by lupo1.0se

T62DBW updated. Currently for sale for anyone that is interested in a press car. Here is your chance.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO-1-4S-16-VALVE-HEATED-SEATS-AIR-CON-SPARES-OR-REPAIRS/162849794179?hash=item25ea9aa883:g:kpAAAOSwpw1aWeJw

The pictures of L6UPO, must be of my silver GTI, which was previously registered with this plate prior to my ownership. Now on an Oxford OX reg, I bought it from an independent dealer in Surrey in December 2008. Still only 55K on the clock.

1 hour ago, BLADE said:

The pictures of L6UPO, must be of my silver GTI, which was previously registered with this plate prior to my ownership. Now on an Oxford OX reg, I bought it from an independent dealer in Surrey in December 2008. Still only 55K on the clock.

Nice. Have you got any pics? If you send me the reg i can verify this on the history search i use