pete for mod.

Rich

15 hours ago, MattyB said:

We just don't get the traffic anymore to warrant any of it though.

As an example, we used to get 30,000 page views per day back in 2011 - I'm sure it back in 2006-8 during the peak it was probably more than that (I changed to Google Analytics, so lost the stats).

Now? We're down to 3000 page views a day, so 1/10th of the activity. To be honest, most of that traffic is just unregistered visitors digging for info, I know we're only getting between 10-15 posts per day, so not worthy of heavy moderation....it's to be expected, they stopped making the Lupo 12 years ago!

Would it be practical to "rename" the forum to attract more viewers and in a way that would interest, Up/CityGo/Mii  but also be as inclusive as possible for existing owners, the Small VW Club perhaps, Klein und Kurtz VW Klub

I did consider rebranding at some point, but there's too much history here, I'd be like the desecration of an historical landmark ;)

I can't create subsections that have their own identity unfortunately.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of diversifying. I don't really know why the Fox is even included here.

Arosas are fine as they are the same model basically (although dirty, eh Rich).

Soon these cars will start being considered "classic" or at least valued, and people will come here again. Less stance / cutting them up and more OEM / preservation. Which will be good :)

18 hours ago, weslangdon said:

Kurtz und Klein Auto Klub inc Club Lupo  for all small VAG cars, past present and future

Maybe if we had a .de domain ;) and the initialism would be KKAK...phonetically not great, and the wrong number of K's for my liking.

However, people like brand association with their club; it's difficult to do as you'll really be covering VW, Seat and Skoda. Having a "VAG" badge your car looks odd to people outside of car circles....

2 hours ago, MattyB said:

Maybe if we had a .de domain ;) and the initialism would be KKAK...phonetically not great, and the wrong number of K's for my liking.

However, people like brand association with their club; it's difficult to do as you'll really be covering VW, Seat and Skoda. Having a "VAG" badge your car looks odd to people outside of car circles....

I didn't want to put KKK down as it would attract the wrong type so was looking at jumbling the letters around...but it was only a suggestion, a way of expanding but retaining the core

5 hours ago, weslangdon said:

I didn't want to put KKK down as it would attract the wrong type so was looking at jumbling the letters around...but it was only a suggestion, a way of expanding but retaining the core

It may attract new members though! 

22 hours ago, weslangdon said:

Aren't these comments a little out of line for a "moderator" even a bit childish;)

Lol. If your hurt over the arosa comment,  then behave. It was more a dig at the Fox and no, having an opinion on a terrible car isn't childish.