VW major new parts prices

LexG

Hi,

I know this may seem a little sad but I'm wondering just how much really major parts are if you bought them from the VW dealers. 

Like a brand new engine...

or doors etc..

anyone had experience with this ?

In a word, expensive! I work as a parts advisor for a main dealer so I see this everyday. Its not just the expense either, its availability. A lot of parts for Lupos are becoming obsolete now so are tricky to find. But prices for your examples above are as follows:

AVY Engine - Short Block - Obsolete from VW now but was £1541.03 inc vat exchange (so would carry a surcharge on top of that!) Then you have to buy the cylinder head, £899.63 inc vat + surcharge.

GTI doors - £892.80 inc vat each. These have shot-up from around £650 about 12 months ago! Why VW? Why!?

GTI wing - £433.68 inc vat

GTI Tailgate - £662.60 inc vat (without the spoiler!) The spoiler is £323.58 inc vat!

13 hours ago, Rich said:

could have built a 17 plate if it was all there....

Its only the shell that denotes the age isn't it? 

5 hours ago, Rich said:

no. A percentile of stuff.

I thought the shell had the vin, therefore essentially was tied to the age.

2 hours ago, mattarosa said:

With what time??? But I do fancy building something major

After work jobby?

On 14/07/2017 at 8:33 AM, lupogtiboy said:

In a word, expensive! I work as a parts advisor for a main dealer so I see this everyday. Its not just the expense either, its availability. A lot of parts for Lupos are becoming obsolete now so are tricky to find. But prices for your examples above are as follows:

AVY Engine - Short Block - Obsolete from VW now but was £1541.03 inc vat exchange (so would carry a surcharge on top of that!) Then you have to buy the cylinder head, £899.63 inc vat + surcharge.

GTI doors - £892.80 inc vat each. These have shot-up from around £650 about 12 months ago! Why VW? Why!?

GTI wing - £433.68 inc vat

GTI Tailgate - £662.60 inc vat (without the spoiler!) The spoiler is £323.58 inc vat!

Cool thanks! 

Would have been a great idea to build an entire car from new parts

VAG shells are generally made obsolete from when the last car rolls of the production line.

The VIN doesn't designate the registration year, there are a few cars that get registered late, so end up with a plate newer than the actual age.

If you build a new car you can get it registered after an IVA test, which used to be the SVA.