So unfortunately the Arosa failed it's NCT this weekend and there are a few fixes to get through.

Biggest job is I guess the worn bushes. In the past I had a nightmare trying to replace these on a Citroën AX so I figure this time I'm going to swap the whole Wishbone\TCA.

Anyway before I start I thought I'd see if anyone has done this job and has any ideas or tips as I haven't done this before.

While I was ordering the wishbone I figured the other wishbone may as well be changed as its probably in similar order and the price difference between buying one and buying a pair is quite small.  

Edited by baron silas greenback
tablet freaking out

Really simple.

Jack up.

Axle stands.

2 bolts at back

3 bolts at ball joint (Best to replace with new bolts and lock washer as get really rusty and crap)

1 nut for drop link

Ensure when refitting the bolts at back they are threaded properly as they are captive nuts and are a huge hassle if stripped etc.

I would just replace the whole wishbone much simpler and takes less time

• Like 2

Nice James, seems do-able. 

I bought the pair with ball-joints (the difference in price was €4) and was wondering if replacing them at the same time was a good thing/not too tricky?

Edited by baron silas greenback
tablet keyboard sucks
  • Like 1

Yes really easy to do,

May as well replace them then,

Instead of loosening the 3 bolts just undo the 1 nut holding the ball joint in place.

You will more than likely need a spanner for this as from memory I couldn't get a socket in there.

To release the ball joint I usually just use a hammer and smack on the hub next to the ball joint whilst pushing down on the wishbone.

To get back in just use a jack pushing up on the ball joint then re tighten the nut.