Had someone jump on my bonnet and its dented right in, looking for tips on how to fix it?

As the title says, had some fat tw4t jump onto my bonnet when it was parked overnight and its left a huge dent in the centre of the bonnet.

I was planning on taking it off using boiling water and trying to pop it back out but I wanted to ask here first if there might be a better way? 

Would folding some dust sheets up over the engine cover and closing the bonnet onto that be a viable option? 

Edited by Sandyloveskebab
Spelling

Pics might help as it depends on the damage, if the frame is bent as well as the skin and your dent goes thru bonnet lines then you wont get it out to any satisfaction. You will make it look better but you wont remove it with plunger, puller, shutting it on various shaped lumps etc. Not that it isnt worth a well thought out try though.

The problem is that a damaged vehicle often attracts more damage from low lifes so probably better off with another bonnet.

23 hours ago, Rich said:

buying/collecting/swapping is often more time/money than paying a dent guy.

You are correct as always :) i think their skill is amazing how they knock out a dent and you can't see a trace of it.

20 minutes ago, mk2 said:

You are correct as always :) i think their skill is amazing how they knock out a dent and you can't see a trace of it.

someone must have jumped on my Tt roof at some point in it's life.

when it was shiny you could see the lines and ripples.

£60, three hours later and it became a perfect dome.

Yeah, and the roof is always the most difficult bit. Your fixer must really know his stuff. I bet he's an old guy. The people around here are not that good. I'm about to respray the roof on my black sdi, after popping it back out and filling in some dents.... Getting the shape and surface just right takes ages. Lots of water to check reflections while sanding it back a fraction of a mm at a time. I hate doing roofs.