Cheap Insurance for 17 Year Old?

JoshBurrows04

I am 17 in May and really wanting to get a Lupo as my first car, been on a few comparison sites just to some quotes and a 1 litre with no modifications is coming out at £2000 plus.  Does anyone know the best place to get it insured cheap, not too fussed about mods for the first year or so but some alloys or coilovers would be good.

£1500 is gonna be my budget for insurance, is there any hope ? 

Josh

Say what you will but im with diamond for girls... trying adding a parent as a named driver, park on a driveway at night, not in a garage as this puts it up, limiting your mileage to 8000 a year, I imagine this would be plenty, ive always done 10000 a year on my insurance but only do that sort of mileage in the work van. it also depends a lot on where you live and what you do as a job, 

I got a 1 litre Lupo as my first car at 17 about 2 years ago and my insurance was £1200 with Admiral and a black box. I'd maybe consider black box for the first year and get it out after you get a year no claims bonus - it saved me about £800 in my first year.

As a follow up to what Matt said about location and job, my insurance went down £100 this year when I changed my job title.

Good luck with the quotes.

Also become old :D my first year was £950 no black box, I'm now 24 and paying £1000 on a 1litre Arosa, a 1.4 openair lupo and a 2.5tdi audi allroad :D and I work in engineering which is one of the highest insurance categories. Diamond is just a branch of Admiral.

go to a price comparison website like money supermarket, theres not such thing as cheap insurance for 17years olds, they are all out to screw you over than there is nothin you can do about it, currently there is a petition out so the government can look at this as restrict what companies charge

just re-insured a lupo sdi with 1 years no claims for a 18year old and was still over a grand, they use the following excuses

2 things that make a difference is what you do for a living and were you live, dental hygenist for some reason get cheaper insurance than anyone else

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 10:15 PM, JoshBurrows04 said:

I am 17 in May and really wanting to get a Lupo as my first car, been on a few comparison sites just to some quotes and a 1 litre with no modifications is coming out at £2000 plus.  Does anyone know the best place to get it insured cheap, not too fussed about mods for the first year or so but some alloys or coilovers would be good.

£1500 is gonna be my budget for insurance, is there any hope ? 

Josh

Hi.

I think you might struggle to get down to £1500 to be honest especially after the recent rate increases that have been put in bu most of the insurers.

I'd be happy to take a look at insurance for you if you like.

Regards,

Dan.

Adrian Flux is consistently more expensive than other insurers for the same level of service in my experience. They're not much more, but always about 15% higher than the cheapest, comparing like with like. They are an insurance broker who look around the market to find good deals for their clients. Years ago when i drove modified or kit cars, they were very competitive, but i think in recent times where consumers now can look around more, they are outdated. Sadly no insurer these days has loyalty programmes, so it pays to keep switching every year. If you're too lazy to look for a new deal every year, every insurance broker will fleece you. 

6 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Adrian Flux is consistently more expensive than other insurers for the same level of service in my experience. They're not much more, but always about 15% higher than the cheapest, comparing like with like. They are an insurance broker who look around the market to find good deals for their clients. Years ago when i drove modified or kit cars, they were very competitive, but i think in recent times where consumers now can look around more, they are outdated. Sadly no insurer these days has loyalty programmes, so it pays to keep switching every year. If you're too lazy to look for a new deal every year, every insurance broker will fleece you. 

my mother is with Adrian Flux.

this year i saved her over half what she was paying by simply going on confused, getting a quote, ringing flux and they matched it.

same company, no paperwork.

hmmm.

I pay £132 fully comp with £2000 agreed value, courtesey car, legal, £150 excess, 7000 miles a year, SDP and commuting. Santander.

Best AS Flux could do was about £170 from memory.