seat arosa non start

mickyfinn

hi all having problems with little arosa 1400 mpi,has had new dizzy,leads,plugs,fuel relay,new coil sometimes it starts then cuts out,when driving cuts out and will not restart,currently been 2 days and wont go.have had computer on it,no faults or codes.any ideas pleeze wood be appreciated,thanx muchly.

after my cambelt woes im pretty sure the cam position sensor will throw 1 of 2 codes, implausable signal which is definetly timing is out, and no signal meaning the sensor is toast or had become diconnected, maybe a few more but a code would be shown, I'm thinking more of fuel pump in the tank, im sure a member here had a similar problem and when the fuel pump in the tank was replaced all was well

Edited by Mobieus_uk

was using obd reader,it does not have cam sensor I think as its got distributor,will faulty crank sensor cause the car to run for a bit then cut out,finally not starting at all.....if crank sensor where is it thanx again.....

Ā 

Edited by mickyfinn

did have cutting out problem before new parts went on,had to fit new parts as old ones 1997 was worn out and thought that wood cure it,do you think could be crank sensor but did not get any warning lights or fault codes

Ā 

Ā 

not sure what software used,its a handheld obd reader,what wood you recommend to diagnose further

by any chance do you know where the crank sensor is located,so I can pull it and test

Ā 

Edited by mickyfinn

Get a cheap kkl lead of ebay preferably with a genuine ftdi chip in it (Ā£5 - Ā£10) and run vcds lite free or registered version (paid for or cracked) on a spare laptop. Seen it before where other readers dont pick up fault codes that vcds does.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/

Edited by Sausage

help......after a mother of a battle managed to remove starter motor and nothing there,no wiring or sensor.all I could see was knock sensor.any ideas where it could be located maybe under cam cover somewhere. I am lost with this one,any help wood be appreciated.car seat arosa 1400 mpi 1998 thanx guys

today have done more checks and have no spark,am thinking immobiliser fault as seen on other pages have admitted defeat and gonna find auto electrician

just cant be bothered thanx for all your help

back again....lol ...after testing guy said poss ecu gone down,,anybody heard this before or is he trying to fleece me lots of money

most of parts on car dated 1997,is it worth paying to be tested or replaced,thanx guys

he did mention the immobiliser was part of dash,is this right??? do the dash go wrong....help!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mickyfinn