Hello all can someone please help me out!!!

I've done the 1.6 gti conversion in my lupo. I've got all the engine loom and in car loom all plugged in together. The car turns over but stater motor still turns the engine over when the ignition is on. Have to turn he ignition off for it to stop.. any ideas please?

The car us also not getting any spark? Could I of knocked something when doing the conversion?? Also I don't know which plugs t relays go into. 

Any help would be most grateful guys please help thanks all :(

I had a 1.4s lupo. I've done an engine conversation to a 1.6 polo 6n2 gti engine. I've used the engine harness and in car loom from the polo and plugged all the engine harness in and same with the car loom. I turn the ignition on and lights on dash come on. I turn the key further to start the engine but as I have no spark the engine won't start. As I let go on the key the engine continues to turn over until I turn the ignition off. 

Any more info you need mate let me know :)

just because the loom plug together does not mean they are wired the same, for example with the radio loom you sometimes have to swap 2 wire around because the igntion live and the permanent live are reversed, you will probably find that some wires have been reversed but you would need wiring diagrams for both looms to trace it

i supposed without overthinking it you could have a problem with the igniton barrel

I did slot of research before doing the conversation for this reason and I've been told that the only thing I have to change on the looms is the lights front and back and the door looms everything else is plug and play.

I think I might have blown a relay as I don't know which ones they go into :( my own fault should of taken pictures and the barrel I've been told will be faulty and easiest was to solve this is install a start button.

Do you recon I should get the barrel from the polo?? 

Thanks guys appreciate all the advice :)

ignition is all the same.

simply put, you're putting 12v to the red/black exciter wire on the starter somehow.

trace it back and see where it is crossed.

as for the loom situation, the best way I have seen this done is the guy who split off the polo engine/light harness and swapped three wires or so to male the polo engine loom compatible with the rest of the lupo.

• Like 1

if the igniton is backwards then you will get a constant voltage to the starter motor until you turn the key off, the no spark could still be related to the igntion barrel/loom, its the only place where those 2 circuits could meet, personally i would start there but to be fair it could be anywere

Okay mate so follow the red/black wire back from pin 50 on the plug to behind the barrel follow it to the part all the loom meets then follow it back to the starter motor correct? 

If not I don't know what you means sorry not the most intelligent person going and if I'm right what next mate??

Thanks for all your help 

I'm wondering if perhaps the 'ignition on' 12v feed from the ig switch is crossed over with the 'starter motor' feed? I think i'm understanding the problem right- ig switch on causes cranking, but turning ig switch to crank stops the cranking, but ignition stays on?

OR, is it that once the engine is turning, a signal from the ecu is causing another feed to go high (+12v). A bit like when the fuel pump feed goes high when you crank, and it keeps the fuel pump feed going so long as the engine is turning (determined by the crank sensor). I'm trying to understand the problem better...

• Like 1