Lupo-water in rear foot well

James14lup

Hi wonder if anyone can help me my lupo has been sat around for awhile as waiting to pass my test when I went to check on it the other day I noticed a puddle of water on the floor behind the front passengers seat. Anyone else had this issue or know how it's happened.

Many thanks James 

20170301_145036.jpg

20170301_145039.mp4

Check the washer pipe hose behind the rear arch inner panel trim, there's a join there and quite often it comes apart. I cut mine out and replaced it with a length of rubber hose and 2 jubilee clips, no more leaking!

• 2 years later...

I once had a Lupo which leaked at the screen.

Must have had a replacement at some point in its life 

Possible here?

Been messing about behind the door cards?

Does the boot swish when you open and close it?

Not sure about that because i cant see any signs of where its coming from, its dry everywhere except the rear passenger side footwell 😕

And dont think the boot does 🤔

Dry the area out properly by pulling up that section of carpet and the sound deadening/padding underneath it and give it a good wet vac and dry it with heat. Once dry leave a paper towel over that area and see if it gets damp over time. I had this issue, dried it out but it never came back so a bit of a myth still...

• 3 months later...
On 3/8/2017 at 12:06 PM, James14lup said:

Hi wonder if anyone can help me my lupo has been sat around for awhile as waiting to pass my test when I went to check on it the other day I noticed a puddle of water on the floor behind the front passengers seat. Anyone else had this issue or know how it's happened.

Many thanks James 

20170301_145036.jpg

20170301_145039.mp4

Hi guys. I suppose I have the same problem. How to pop out the carpet and find the water pipe, please?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, MORE said:

Hi guys. I suppose I have the same problem. How to pop out the carpet and find the water pipe, please?

Hi, because I have exactly the same problem, how to fix it and how remove the carpet and finding the rear pipe?
Many thanks.

Modified speakers?  If so, water can leak around them from the inside of the door, dribble along the inner door seal and then, depending on the inclination of the car will dribble down in the footwell.  It was this that ruined my carpets, so took them out and then decided to make my GTi a track car.. removed pretty much everything from the interior and sealed up the speaker holes with aluminium flashing :)  Assuming you don't want to convert your Lupo into a track car I'd advise to use a bit of sealant around the speakers when you pull the lower door card off.

No cpcpeter. Speakers are ok. It's the wash water reservoir. 

I'm sure I let with full level, the day after was half and water inside the cabin.