Pricing my GTI for sale

dirk1978

Hope this is OK to go in here.

I've had a Lupo GTI 52 in raven blue for about 5 years now. It's done 120k but only about 10k from us so does about 2k a year from the wife driving it to the train station and back daily.

When we bought it we were told it's very rare because it was a demonstrator with every option bar the MP3 HDD unit. It's got leather, aircon, 6-speed, cup holders, electric windows. Not sure what else isn't standard.

It's 100% original with only the tyres being changed and a new clutch a year ago. I'm about to do the 2nd cambelt change.

Just gone through an MOT with no advisaries. Bodywork is great for the age but has a few scratches here and there when looking closely.

We can't appreciate this car like it seems enthusiasts do. And it's a shame it just gets driven to the station and parked there every day, so we were thinking of selling it and getting the wife something a bit more mundane.

Does anyone have any idea where I should pitch it in price?

CheersIMG_20131126_123035.jpg

2 hours ago, Rich said:

blue = premium colour.

I have a silver one, I wish it was blue.

I would go service history and condition over colour any day. 

To give you a bit of an idea, there was a blue one up on a group on Facebook the other day. 02 plate, 140k and it was £2800. Wasn't as nice as this one though, and it had been messed about with a fair bit..

• 2 weeks later...