Epc light

Tony699

I've had the EPC light on since the day I got my car over two years ago. Scanned it and it was the faulty brake pedal switch code, but I've changed the switch for a proper VW one, changed fuses. Nothing has got rid of it and when I delete it, it just comes back on. Weirdly though I have never had any issue's with my brake lights...go figure.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/1/2017 at 10:27 PM, Skajme said:

I've had the EPC light on since the day I got my car over two years ago. Scanned it and it was the faulty brake pedal switch code, but I've changed the switch for a proper VW one, changed fuses. Nothing has got rid of it and when I delete it, it just comes back on. Weirdly though I have never had any issue's with my brake lights...go figure.

@Skajme

Did you find out what the cause of the EPC light was??? Same things happening to me  :( 

54 minutes ago, That_Stock_Arosa said:

@Skajme

Did you find out what the cause of the EPC light was??? Same things happening to me  :( 

Nah I didn't unfortunately. Sold the car on to a mate, and as far as i'm aware that light is still on! It never caused any issues though

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2017 at 6:24 PM, Tony699 said:

Hi. Guys I have a 1.4 lupo with epc light coming on at random times I'm trying to sell car and need this sorted before I sell can yous help me 

Hello, great wedding picture by the way,the epc light is a warning light that can come on for anything from wrongly inflated tyres to a flat battery if you going to sell it without fixing it simple remove the negative lead on the battery for 2 hours then replace it ,though i would try to find the fault before you sell it johnny.

Just now, johnny munro said:

Hello, great wedding picture by the way,the epc light is a warning light that can come on for anything from wrongly inflated tyres to a flat battery if you going to sell it without fixing it simple remove the negative lead on the battery for 2 hours then replace it ,though i would try to find the fault before you sell it johnny.

E p c stands for electronic pedal control warning light. Lots of others have thought it was something to do with the engine but it it a sensor with a spring which gets move d with the brake pedal sometimes it gets stuck it controls the brake light ...if the epc light is on then your brake lights aren’t working . Fix the spring by wiggling A bit until they come back on x