Weird noise

Mikey444

Bought this lupo the the other day , plan on re mot it then sell or maybe use it for a bit 

its a 1.0e but has a major loss of power and there is a weird noise

i think its the clutch release bearing, when its in nutrel it makea a rough sound untill you put in in a gear then it goes away , plus there is quite a high bite point on the clutch, i think its the release bearing and anyone have an idea what it would be to fix? Possibly a garage 

also loss of power, i have a 1.0 as my daily car and i can tell its got a lot less power than mine and its only the 50bhp model, does anyone think it will just need a gernal service spark plugs etc, or anything else in mind? I took the engine cover off to check the air filters and they are quite clean, whole car is a bit dirty/ rough , last owner didnt give a shite about it.

IMG_3300.JPG

IMG_3297.JPG

The clutch isnt a on / off switch so you need a lot more subtlety in working out when the noise comes and goes to work out what is going on.

With the clutch up in neutral, touch it with your foot and listen, press it very slowly down listening all the time and feeling any change with your foot. When does the noise go and when does it return? Same goes for letting it back up. 

With these gearboxes there's a high chance it is more than the release bearing, but you might be lucky.

For a lack of power you need a code reader to see if any faults are logged and more than likely a compression test before chucking money at it.

• Like 1

fun project, personally you description seems like a release bearing, if so thats a gearbox off job and replace the clutch as the bearings as far as im aware come with clutch kits, lack of power i would look at getting it compression tested just to eliminate poor compression