tdi economy £10 real world.

Rich

TDI are miles better, end of discussion. 1. it has a turbo. 2. you can remap it cheaply. 3. it has a proper gearbox on it. :P

i was getting around 50mpg from mine, more on a run obviously 60+mpg but tbh i didnt do enough miles in it to get meaningful figures, but hooning it around was about about 50 which was slightly disappointing really.

My Black tdi worked out at 8.8 pence per mile. (58mpg average) over 10K miles  

So £10 should get me 113.5 miles. 

The Silver tdi is looking better than this so far but i need to put more miles on it to be sure. 

Edited by wehey

32 minutes ago, annavr6 said:

no idea, i always just brim it, but it averages about 350-400 a tank depending on driving. Usually about 370

Love my TDI

That's roughly what I got from the SDI when I didn't give a ****. I did once get over 500 or something miles, averaging about 79MPG.

On 27/02/2017 at 1:42 PM, Rich said:

I once (sdi) got 90 odd on the way back from Chester one night.

that took a long time.

That is impressive!!!!

On 25 February 2017 at 11:54 AM, Derv said:

but I don't have a working 5th gear at the moment

You shouldn't drive it till you fix it... It'll go bang and then you'll need to fork out on a complete new or refurbed box for £500+. Refurb now and you'll pay around £250...

On 02/28/2017 at 9:17 PM, mk2 said:

You shouldn't drive it till you fix it... It'll go bang and then you'll need to fork out on a complete new or refurbed box for £500+. Refurb now and you'll pay around £250...

Don't worry, it's a shifter issue, not an internal gearbox issue. I spent £1400 on a rebuild a couple of years ago. It will select 5th, just not with the stick at the moment.

I had a guy with a golf who thought he only had a five speed because it wouldn't select sixth.

turned out that the plastic but which slides had snapped making it all porridge

21 hours ago, Rich said:

turned out that the plastic bit which slides had snapped

Well there's a first for me. Never ever heard of that happening before. Someone must have kicked (or sat on) the gear stick to break the selector slide thingy...