Handling: BBS RX214 7x16 ET35 4x100 x4

weslangdon

On 11/02/2017 at 3:23 PM, weslangdon said:

just my pennyworth but won't the width of these ruin the handling of a Lupo/Arosa

Cant see why they would, ive had 6 inch, 7 inch, 8 inch and 9 inch wheels on my lupo before, I would have said these were perfect GTI size

Edited by annavr6

just my pennyworth but won't the width of these ruin the handling of a Lupo/Arosa

The width of the tyre affects the way the car handles, and our little cars were designed with 6" wide wheels, with every inch wider these become harder to fit into the wheel well too. Bigger tyres 15/16" tall can affect the ride quality if their profiles fall to match the increase in height, our roads are bad enough for ride quality without adding to it. Just my opinion, if its a question of style I might agree but when you weigh up the extra cost in alloys and more expensive rubber I wouldn't bother

1 hour ago, weslangdon said:

The width of the tyre affects the way the car handles, and our little cars were designed with 6" wide wheels, with every inch wider these become harder to fit into the wheel well too. Bigger tyres 15/16" tall can affect the ride quality if their profiles fall to match the increase in height, our roads are bad enough for ride quality without adding to it. Just my opinion, if its a question of style I might agree but when you weigh up the extra cost in alloys and more expensive rubber I wouldn't bother

That is incorrect. The GTI was supplied with, 6.5J wheels. There were also many other optional/standard/accessory wheels supplied by VW, designed for the Lupo which were either 6.5J or 7J. 

Bathurst, BBS RS 814 to name two. More are available on here: 

I don't think they're Vauxhall wheels as they pretty much only run the ET49 offset for their 'negative scrub geometry'.

I can't see how 7j wheels will affect the handling either....

185/55/14 is the standard TDI and Sport tyre on a 14" rim.

195/40/16 rubber would keep the rolling circ. similar to that of the standard GTI 205/45/15 OEM tyre and wheel package.

IMG_0110.PNG