Kenwood USB N/A Device HELP?

Jomer

Perhaps it doesn't support the type of music file you are using? Or it can't find the directory they are stored in?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

hi! 

1. In the Start menu, type cmd, and then click the entry for the cmd program.
  2. At the command prompt, enter diskpart (you might have to approve this operation as an administrator). The prompt line should now display "DISKPART".
  3. Enter list disk.
  4. Enter select disk X, where X is the number of your selected disk.
  5. Enter clean.
  6. Enter create partition primary.
  7. Enter select partition 1.
  8. Enter active.
  9. Enter format fs=fat32.
  10. Enter assign.
  11. Enter exit.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:14 AM, stathis said:

The same problem I have. Can you help me ?

2. At the command prompt, enter diskpart (you might have to approve this operation as an administrator). The prompt line should now display "DISKPART".
  3. Enter list disk.
  5. Enter clean.
  8. Enter active.
  10. Enter assign.
  11. Enter exit.

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2018 at 3:15 PM, soheil said:

hi! 

3. Enter list disk.
  5. Enter clean.
  8. Enter active.
  10. Enter assign.
  11. Enter exit.

So basically a low level format. Thought so.... but anyway.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old forum, but I kept having the cmd diskpart fail after every attempt (took hours). I finally was able to fix my usb drive so that it could work by downloading https://www.disk-partition.com/download-home.html and following this guide I found https://www.disk-partition.com/diskpart/vitual-disk-service-error-the-volume-size-is-too-big.html . Apparently Windows can't do jack to the drive if it exceeds 32 gb. Hope it helps someone!

• 7 months later...

You need format usb from gpt to mbr. 
1. Put ur USB to PC
2. Open CMD with administrator
3. diskpart
4. list disk
5. select disk X (X= number disk)
6. convert mbr
7. exit
8. exit

You must have usb 2.0 and format usb to fat32

Edited by doncelis

On 11/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, Skezza said:

So basically a low level format. Thought so.... but anyway.

That's a partition function. low level format assigns which cells are bad in a flash memory (factory process step usually), same as on a hard disk drive. Similar sort of concept though :) You used to be able to get the manufacturers' low level format app functions until the chinese realised that they could start 'reformatting' smaller flash cards to make them look bigger to a file system program. Then people wondered why their flash memory just started to behave wierdly, or lost data. Always buy a known brand from an authorised reseller. So many many many fake flash memory cards out there!

On 4/28/2020 at 7:09 PM, mk2 said:

That's a partition function. low level format assigns which cells are bad in a flash memory (factory process step usually), same as on a hard disk drive. Similar sort of concept though :) You used to be able to get the manufacturers' low level format app functions until the chinese realised that they could start 'reformatting' smaller flash cards to make them look bigger to a file system program. Then people wondered why their flash memory just started to behave wierdly, or lost data. Always buy a known brand from an authorised reseller. So many many many fake flash memory cards out there!

I lazily conflate rebuilding partitions with a low level partition. I know the historical significance of low level formats on spinning disks although I don't think we do them anymore. 

• 3 months later...

Formatting the USB thumb drive as Fat32 (instead of NTFS or exFat), solved the problem for me. Just right click on the drive in Windows and select the "Format" option and format as Fat32. Formatting will wipe out anything on the drive so you will have to copy the music onto the drive after doing the format.