Location of immobiliser box on LHD Lupo 3L

John90

I read on here that the immobiliser box is located "under the passenger vent". Does that mean I need to pull the dash out? Easier way? Also is it on the passenger side of an LHD car?

Would really like some accurate instructions as to where the box is located.

Thing is have lost my key. I have a duplicate key that works mechanically, but no immobiliser chip in it. I want to swap the key chip, ECU and immobiliser box from another Lupo 3L. My car is a July 2000 model. Could be immo2 or immo3. Will it matter if the donor car is immo3 as I am swapping as a matched set, and the immo3 Lupo 3L also has a separate immobiliser box (not found it yet). Instruments are not coded on this model).

Any info appreciated, esp. if this is a detailed description of exactly where the immo box is on an RHD Lupo. 

Edited by John90
Add immo3 donor type

the immob box is above the fuse flap when the lower tray is removed.

two t20 screws hold it in place.

key, box and ECU are all one.

alternatively you can code a matching box and key to your ECU through vagcom, same as a golf mk3.

• Like 1

OK. I have been behind that fuse flap to change relays before. On LHD the fuse flap is on the left of the car by the driver.

I have lost my only working Lupo key with chip. Looking back should have glued the chip as suggested.

So all I need then is the immo chip from a key and matching immo box, then code the box to my ECU with Vagcom... If my car happens to be immo2 (July 2000 model so could be either), can I code a November 2001 immo3 box with chip to mine? (never done coding yet with Vag com, mainly used it to reset the 3L semi auto transmission)

As an aside here, does Vag Tacho talk direct to the immobiliser when programming keys???

Turns out the car appears to be Immo2, and the donor immo3. The car started and ran for a few seconds with the immo3 ECU box, but the  immo3 immobiliser box won't fit, as the connectors are different on the loom. 2 extra pins on the immo3 box (6x0953257), compared to the immo2 (6h0953257B). The key reader connections were the same... So looking at ebay for a 6h0 box with matching immo chips on ebay...