Lupo won't accelerate?

Sandyloveskebab

Hi guys

Been having an issue with the lupo the last few times ive done long drives. When I'm on the motorway cruising the car seems to decide to stop accelerating and its like full throttle isnt even enough to sustain speed it kind of stutters a bit as it slows down 

Today I was on the motorway and it was like the thing was dying the way a remote control car goes when the batteries run out? Pulled over and left it for 5 minutes and then it was good enough to get home 

Ive seen people say its something to do with the brake sensor not working correctly so the throttle won't work and others say its due to timing belt stretch so the engine management goes into a "limp mode" to protect the engine?

I was wondering if anyone more experienced than me would know what could be going on? 

Thanks

Edited by Sandyloveskebab
Improved details

11 hours ago, mevans939 said:

I get this when I run the reserve tank too long. Change your fuel filter as it sounds like it's not flowing enough

Or put a fuel pressure gauge on the flow to the engine and let us know what the pressure is. 

• 1 month later...